Toning Arms

Options
Okay this is probably daft, but can using the exercise bike tone your arms? I looked at the top of my arms this morning at they looked slightly toned. Maybe it's wishful thinking, lol. I do an average of 30 minutes per day (10 minutes at a time x 3).

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    "Toning" is merely losing fat, so it's likely you've lost fat in your arms. The toned look everyone talks about is your muscles showing more because they're not covered by as much fat. It is highly unlikely that you gain any significant muscle from using the exercise bike. That doesn't mean they don't look better, though, it's simply where you're losing fat from through your diet and workouts, so good for you!
  • kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Aah, thank you Jen. Sounds right :smile:
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    the cardio is helping you lose body fat. the loss of body fat helps to show the muscle underneath that fat. now in order to get more "muscle" to pop you need to slowly add in some weights.

weights + lose of body fat = the muslces showing through = the "tone" that all women speak of
  • kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Excellent, thank you, missADS :smile:
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    One thing you could do, which I learned in my Ryder class, you can do push ups on the bars while your riding the bike. That way you get an upper body work out and cardio. Also, you can grab a light weight (I like 5lbs) in each hand and do curls! :D That will help build more muscle in your arms.