Looking for new buddies!

Options
Hey there,

My name is Serena, and I've been on MFP for about a month now, but never really used the forum features. Now that I'm getting serious about logging calories and losing weight, I'd love to meet some people. Please feel free to say hello!

About me: Trying to lose 5% body fat. A combination of too much work and an undetected wheat allergy has made the belly fat out of control! I'm not TOO concerned about the weight itself, but that's about 5 - 10 lbs. I gained almost all of it in the belly, the rest in my hips/thighs.

I'm looking for friends to yell at me to work out or log my entries. Love this tool, I just need to use it!

Serena

Replies

• aflores3
    aflores3 Posts: 1
    Options
    have more weight to lose and even more body fat to lose , Have been using this for a month also and find it easy. Have a personal trainer but no weight lose yet. My clothes do fit different but i am getting alittle discouraged. Have any advise
  • gecallo
    gecallo Posts: 135
    Options
    Welcome! Now start eating right, get up off your butt and workout!! ;o)
  • chgraham
    chgraham Posts: 122
    Options
    If your clothes are fitting better then you are doing a great job. The reason for not losing any weight would be that you are gaining muscle which weighs more than fat. In the last 2 weeks, I lost only 3 pounds (I think), but lost almost 7 inches. My clothes are fitting better now.

Just give it some time and you will start seeing the scale move downwards. Try to only weigh in once a week if possible.

Good luck