Jelly Legs

Options
Hey guys,
I've been jogging for roughly a month now, I go every other day. Today I ran for something like 12 minutes and my legs just started feeling like jelly, they felt so weak!
I always stretch before I go for a jog and I figure after a month, my legs would have gotten used to the jogs by now?
What should I do to prevent this? I had such a ****ty jog, didn't even reach the 2 mile mark. :(

Any help is appreciated!

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough sleep? Eating enough?

Not every workout is going to be great, keep your expectations reasonable.
  • Rotten_Apple
    Rotten_Apple Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I get jelly legs sometimes after doing 30 Day Shred. It is always RIGHT after and it only lasts for a few minutes. I exercise upstairs and sometimes I have to butt walk down the stairs after because my legs are so weak :laugh: So while I don't have any answers to prevent jelly legs, don't be too hard on yourself...as Jack said not every run is going to be the best, some days are harder than others. Just don't give up!!!
  • msmichydo
    msmichydo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advice. I read on other forums it has something to do with lack of protein/water?
    I don't do any resistance exercises to strengthen my leg muscles, perhaps this is also why?
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advice. I read on other forums it has something to do with lack of protein/water?
    I don't do any resistance exercises to strengthen my leg muscles, perhaps this is also why?

Could also be low minerals--especially magnesium and potassium (those two minerals are a muscle's best friends). Could also be low calcium and zinc. What's your diet like? If you want your body to perform, you must feed it what it needs to perform.
  • msmichydo
    msmichydo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I eat plenty of protein, I have my share of carbs and I eat lots of fruits and veggies. There's the odd day where I find myself not eating the proper amount of protein, but that's really it. It's just strange that this is happening a month in.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I eat plenty of protein, I have my share of carbs and I eat lots of fruits and veggies. There's the odd day where I find myself not eating the proper amount of protein, but that's really it. It's just strange that this is happening a month in.

Maybe your calories are too low?
  • ebr250
    ebr250 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    We all have our good and bad days! I would try a run/walk combo if this continues. A lot of people jump into running a little too fast and end up stopping because it is miserable. Just keep at it and you will get there. :smile: