When did that "moment" happen for you?

Options
CrazyTrackLady
CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
While teaching Zumba last night to some ladies at Curves, one of the women said to me before class began: "You're looking 'model thin'!" While I don't agree with this statement because models are much thinner than I am, I was flattered, because it has now become obvious that I am getting fitter and trimmer. To me, this was my "moment" that told me I have really changed my body's composition/shape.

If you have had that moment where you FINALLY are satisfied with your shape and weight, what was it like for you and when did it occur?

Replies

• Sandylovesm
    Sandylovesm Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    still looking forward to it! But congrats on your own ''moment'' :)
  • CrazyTrackLady
    Options
    YOU WILL GET THERE!!!!!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Bump - hope this thread is around when I reach that moment, because I will be so happy to share :wink:!

That said, I did look in the mirror this morning and think "I look and feel healthy. If I was stuck at this weight forever, I could feel attractive." Which was an odd thought (why should I even think about being stuck?), but nice at the same time. I don't feel discontent, just motivation!

Congrats on your victory, I bet that comment felt great to hear!
  • lcvaughn520
    lcvaughn520 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I bought some booties last night (which I NEVER thought would look good on me) and when I was trying them on, I noticed that my legs were looking really good! Like muscular and thinner than they normally look. I felt so proud of all my hard work! It motivates me to keep going because I can see that it's paying off.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    Options
    These are great! Keep em coming!
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    When I put some before and current photos of myself together. Woah. I knew things were changing because I've been changing clothes sizes and stuff, but it really hit home when I did the pictures.

TkrsJdh.jpg
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    When I put some before and current photos of myself together. Woah. I knew things were changing because I've been changing clothes sizes and stuff, but it really hit home when I did the pictures.

TkrsJdh.jpg

You look incredible! Legs for days :smile:. Good work!!
  • SnicciFit
    Options
    You look incredible! Legs for days :smile:. Good work!!

OMG! Thank you! Must be the rockin' socks cuz I'm a shortay! LOL!
  • MensEtSalvere2013
    MensEtSalvere2013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I would say for me getting all the compliments and support from the people at my gym they would say things like "you look great, you have lost a lot of weight."
  • CrazyTrackLady
    Options

TkrsJdh.jpg

Ohmygawd you are adorable!!! NICE legs, hottie!
  • CrazyTrackLady
    Options
    bump
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    OOOOWeeeee! Put this on my future calendar. Like when Olympians visualize being up on the podium singing the National Anthem. I too hope this thread is around to post my "moment" pictures.

You girls be lookin' HOT!
  • SnicciFit
    Options
    Y'all are too kind! I still see something different when I look in the mirror... So much of this journey is mental! Although, it is nice to be working on maintenance and concentrating more on training and less on the scale or what size my clothes are :happy:
  • divemunkey
    divemunkey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I was at a new Dr's office last week and the nurse handed me a list of medical issues to read through and tell her what from the list had I been previously diagnosed with, so I read her back "obesity" from the list and she looked at me and said "seriously?" So I guess I'm not still as fat as I feel like I am. I'm a big girl in general, and still 40 pounds from a normal BMI, and 10 pounds from the overweight category, but I guess I look better than I thought I did. It's tough to change your mental image of yourself.
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I'm not 100% there yet, but I have noticed such a big change already. My clothes are getting loose, I fit in smaller sizes, and my face looks healthier. Some people have commented on how much better I look, as well.
  • SnicciFit
    Options
    I was at a new Dr's office last week and the nurse handed me a list of medical issues to read through and tell her what from the list had I been previously diagnosed with, so I read her back "obesity" from the list and she looked at me and said "seriously?" So I guess I'm not still as fat as I feel like I am. I'm a big girl in general, and still 40 pounds from a normal BMI, and 10 pounds from the overweight category, but I guess I look better than I thought I did. It's tough to change your mental image of yourself.

I love this!
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Hmm. This is an excellent post. After the first 20Lbs, people kept commenting. Things like "OMG! You look great!", etc. That was certainly a confidence booster and helped me to keep going. But, the moment that finally made me say, "Wow! I have done it!", was about 4 months ago and I was in a store, trying to buy a top that would go with an outfit I was trying to put together. I wanted a really unusual shade of pink. I looked and looked everywhere and when I had pretty much given up, I spotted the color I had been searching for on a shirt in the children's department. I tried it on and it fit perfectly. I brought it home and my 11 year old daughter thought it was for her. :happy:

MBP
  • ak_honda
    ak_honda Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My moment was earlier this year, at my parent's house - my mom made a comment on how much smaller my arms were looking, and my stomach area looking smaller. That's what made me finally realize that even though I haven't been losing the lbs (according to the scale) physically my body has been changing. That same week, the barista guy at a starbucks mentioned me looking better, followed by the lady we cat-sit for mentioned it also (and my skin tone looking better).

It was more of a 'moment week' for me.

But, nothing quite does it like your parent's noticing for motivation.
  • PandaPop87
    PandaPop87 Posts: 131
    Options
    I think it was when my mother didn't recognise me in the street! I've had a few other people not recognise me becasue of the change, but you'd think your own mother could pick you out anywhere haha. Also, a MASSIVE moment for me was when the ladies at the shop I bought my wedding dress from were like 'Well, you fit into a 14 comfortably now, so if you are still wanting to lose weight, we will make it a 12 for you.' *Jaw dropped to the floor*
  • tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    A litlle different but my most recent moment was my profile pic. I still have a ways to go for the final "moment".
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!