Healthy Options at Salisbury House?

Options
My boyfriend and I are going on a mini date today and one of the places we'll be hitting would be Salisbury house. Now, I'm conscious about the calories and all that and I don't want to end up wasting food as he's got a knack for doing that sometimes. He dislikes veggies since it makes him nauseous for some reason and I know that I like veggies but I also want my meat as well.

I rarely eat at Salisbury House that often, in fact yesterday was my first time since I was 3 or something. I need someone to please give me some advice on eating healthy there.

Of course I'll be skipping the pop!

Replies

• FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Looing at their menu...I'd say avoid anything fried, avoid or really watch the carbs like potatoes, avoid cream sauces. Don't be afraid to ask for a healthy substitution. The meat/protein isn't an issue as long as it isn't fried or breaded.

That said...one splurge meal isn't a big deal, as long as you're sticking to your diet the rest of the week. I rarely go to a restaurant that has creme brulee, but I love it. So when I do happen to go to one, I splurge, but try to eat healthy the rest of the week. All things in moderation.
  • RosemarieSenpai
    RosemarieSenpai Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Looing at their menu...I'd say avoid anything fried, avoid or really watch the carbs like potatoes, avoid cream sauces. Don't be afraid to ask for a healthy substitution. The meat/protein isn't an issue as long as it isn't fried or breaded.

That said...one splurge meal isn't a big deal, as long as you're sticking to your diet the rest of the week. I rarely go to a restaurant that has creme brulee, but I love it. So when I do happen to go to one, I splurge, but try to eat healthy the rest of the week. All things in moderation.

I'm so tempted to try the Big Nip!
    I'm also going to the movies after - hopefully not buying any concessions while I'm there.