120 Pounds Down...What Do I do With This *Photo*

Options
After losing over 120 pounds I will say I feel like an entirely different person... I can do things I haven't done in years (spontaneous sprints, sitting in a park swing, sitting criss cross applesause in the car) the one thing I have found I cannot do, is go for a jog without my loose skin making the flapping noises as I go (I call this my flapplause). I am aware that since losing such a great amount of weight there will be excess skin no matter what I do, but I am wondering if anyone else who has lost a significant amount of weight had any secrets for me when it comes to the arm and thigh area. (Aside from the obvious squats, inclines, and weights I am already doing).

DSC01877_zpsefabeec0.jpg

Replies

• annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Girl, your bat wings aren't nearly as bad as mine!!! All I am doing is weights. About 5 days a week. Hoping that as the weight goes down further, some of it will go away....
  • salgalbp
    salgalbp Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Keep lifting girlfriend or start. I've also lost 120-130ish (depends on the week) and I know that when I'm in a good lifting routine my arms tighten up and I'm proud of them. ALSO - eating clean to lose the BF%, Bigger Musles, Less Body Fat % will help fill out and tone up the skin.

It'll never go 100% away with out surgery but we can do A LOT!
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    flapplause-that's so funny.

Keep doing strength training activities, maybe start a heavy lifting program. Also, compression garments help during activity. My inner thighs flapplause all over the place in their natural state, compression type garments help. I have a lovely pair of spanx pants that does a great job of holding it all in, which prevents me from giving myself major friction burn on my inner thighs as well.
  • Kalah7Renae12Vera
    Kalah7Renae12Vera Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have friends that use the garments but I can never find them long enough to wear without chaffing. I would love to lift on a more serious level, but I don't have access to the gym at this time and all I have is my 10 pounders here at home with my 10 month old in toe hehe
  • jamers1949
    Options
    K,You look SO different from where you began !!! Give it time and your skin will more than likely tighten up into a raging beauty! Actually you have all ready arrived! I do only elastic band stretch stuff and if I had to do what all you gals are doing I would just DIE! On the other hand I am on the go all day being a volunteer taking care of the grounds for the state where I volunteer .I found out during my recent check up that I lost a pound of muscle for every pound of fat that I lost. Yike's so thus now I have to do the band exercise until fatigue. Run? Not if I can walk ,drive a tractor or ride a roping horse!! I admire all you" kids'' as you are all so quite inspiring!
    Last September I was only able to wear sweats now my 40's are falling off .My neck is back to high school measurements and I hope to be 170 by the end of summer or mid fall. I am now finding out that I am able to eat and be more comfortable. Sometimes ,it is hard to remember the past and when I look in the mirror I just smile and laugh. Ain't life grand?
  • Kalah7Renae12Vera
    Options
    Life is DIVINE, James. You have come so very far as well! I use elastic bands as well, my grandma said to do it while I watch television... thank goodness I have a whole team of people behind me just waiting to watch me succeed. Thank you James, as always you have managed to give me that boost of confidence I needed to not just make it through the day, but to own it :wink: you are a dear friend!
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I have friends that use the garments but I can never find them long enough to wear without chaffing. I would love to lift on a more serious level, but I don't have access to the gym at this time and all I have is my 10 pounders here at home with my 10 month old in toe hehe
    You can get compression shorts in 7 or 9 inch lengths, which should be long enough to avoid thigh chafing unless you're very tall. I'm 5'7" and those lengths work for me. Check running stores. Otherwise, capris are a good option--I've picked up Nikes at Marshall's or TJ Maxx for $15.
  • Kalah7Renae12Vera
    Options
    You can get compression shorts in 7 or 9 inch lengths, which should be long enough to avoid thigh chafing unless you're very tall. I'm 5'7" and those lengths work for me. Check running stores. Otherwise, capris are a good option--I've picked up Nikes at Marshall's or TJ Maxx for $15.

Brilliant! I am 5'7 as well so I will have to keep a look out... I do wear capris now, but if I buy them tight enough to get any compression outta them you can see my undies hehe
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options

Brilliant! I am 5'7 as well so I will have to keep a look out... I do wear capris now, but if I buy them tight enough to get any compression outta them you can see my undies hehe
    Psst...check the inside of your capris. If they have a crotch liner, like my Nikes do? They're meant to be worn commando.