Can't stop losing weight, how do I eat more calories?

Options
Hello everyone, I started a nutritionist diet about 3 months ago, and started using myfitness pal as an aid. I also started doing exercise regularly.
My goal was to lose 9 kg (19.84 pounds). I achieved it pretty quickly, in about two months. However, a month since then I have continued to lose weight, and I am now 1.9 kgs (4.18 pounds) under my desired weight. I am finding it difficult to eat all the calories Myfitnesspal says I should eat to maintain weight, since I am already used to smaller portions and healthier food.
What should I do to meet my calorie goals and stop losing weight, and also avoid a bad rebound?

Replies

• sarahz1442
    sarahz1442 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue. I just started including some more unhealthy foods into my diet. I just could not eat enough with healthy foods. They are too filling. My weight fluctuates between 108 and 110 now even with the unhealthy foods. I weigh myself every day, so if it results in gaining weight, I'll lower my calories again and stick more with healthy foods.
  • pinksparklefairy
    pinksparklefairy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Maybe increase your meal sizes by 10%. You won't really notice such a small difference but it should boost your calorie intake if you do it for every meal.
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    oh i wish i had your problem and i am sure there will be a lot more that wish this also LOL
  • Drudoo
    Drudoo Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    This would be a perfect excuse to add a spoonful of peanut butter to my diet everyday....yum!
  • KevinLamb77
    Options
    After chewing, you let the food slide down your throat, and swallow.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I went to your food diary but it's not open, so I have no idea exactly what you're eating and can't really give much advice.

I will say though that when I don't want to lose weight I just add calories where I had cut them before. Higher calorie, fuller fat almond milk, nut butters. Stuff like that.
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    This is a new one, I like this problem! :bigsmile:
    Protein shakes??? They are delicious, they may help you tone and they will probably help you maintain. I was afraid of this problem as well, honestly. Good Luck!
  • JeraLee31885
    Options
    Definitely wish I had that problem as well!!! At least until I get to my goal....
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    can you share your diary so we can see what you are eating
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    :love: :love: Peanut butter :love: :love:
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Put it in your mouth.. Food.. lots of it
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    mmmm how about adding in peanut butter ideas. healthy, protien filled, and taste good in everything!!! i love peanut butter banana smoothies!!! 1 tbls peanut butter (90), 1 frozen banana (90), 1 cup vanilla almond milk (30), and 1 tsp vanilla extract (10)... for a total of 220 cals for a tasty end of the day dessert!!!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Hard to tell without seeing wht you are eating, but instead of "diet" food - e.g low fat everything add some healthy fats back into your diet.

Salmon
    Nuts
    Nut butters,
    Olives
    Olive oil
    Coconut everything - coconut milk, cream, actual coconut

You could potentially also up your carbs - yams, lentils, quinoa etc are all healthy.....

And if it was me I would eat a banana every day - but that is because I love bananas :-)

We will be able to give you more ideas if you open your diary...
  • vivaldirules
    vivaldirules Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Any chance you could also reduce your exercising some?
  • NoRegrets_13
    Options
    I had the same issue. I just started including some more unhealthy foods into my diet. I just could not eat enough with healthy foods. They are too filling. My weight fluctuates between 108 and 110 now even with the unhealthy foods. I weigh myself every day, so if it results in gaining weight, I'll lower my calories again and stick more with healthy foods.

DONT do this. Why blow all your hard work just to add unhealthy crap back in? doesnt make ANY sense.
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Eat some nuts, cheese, avocado, meat. Healthy doesn't mean extremely low cal. Also, maybe your goal weight was too high, it's possible that you've still got a few pounds to go. Don't supplement junk food!
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    Food isn't the enemy. It's all good, eat it.
  • sarahz1442
    sarahz1442 Posts: 136 Member
    Options

DONT do this. Why blow all your hard work just to add unhealthy crap back in? doesnt make ANY sense.

Yeah, it doesn't make any sense. I agree. I'm still losing weight doing this though. I might try and figure out a different approach. I'm not sure. Maybe I'm really not eating as much as I think I am. I haven't really been logging anymore because I'm below my goal weight and now technically underweight.
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Put it in your mouth.. Food.. lots of it

yup.