Chia Seed Chocolate Banana Pudding

Options
OMG! I stumbled across one of the best foods since choosing to live a healthier lifestyle - CHIA SEED! It is recognized as one of the super foods, right up there with spinach. And not only that, if prepared with a few extra ingredients you can have dessert. I mean, a real dessert. Most of you may be aware of this already. If so, other recipes and tips are welcome. I haven't done a lot of research yet so if there are any drawbacks please let me know those too! I have added my recipe below:

Chia See Chocolate Banana Pudding
3 TBSP Chia Seed (I have Nutiva)
1 CUP Almond Milk
1/2 Banana (optional)
1 TBSP Cocoa Powder (very nutrious and great subsitute for chocolate cravings - research it!)

Let set in the fridge for 15 minutes to overnight to get desired consistency. I make a huge batch so I can enjoy for two days.

Calories = 283; Carbs = 32g; Fat = 13g; Protein = 12; Fiber = 20; Sodium = 186 (to name a few)

You can use other fruits or omit all together. The basic recipe for the pudding is 1 CUP liquid to 3 TBSP Chia Seed. Also, for a sweeter concoction use stevia or xylitol.

Replies

• rmdaly
    rmdaly Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Are you using unsweetened cocoa powder?

I have been trying to stay away from added sugar (as well as sweeteners), but I sure miss chocolate. If this is true, I would be in heaven.
  • thisbanjo
    Options
    Are you using unsweetened cocoa powder?

I'm assuming so, I've had something similar to this once, the banana really sweetens up the cocoa powder.
  • babams
    babams Posts: 15
    Options
    Yes, I am using unsweetened. Thanks for pointing that out. I don't have much of a sweet tooth so I like it for that fact.
  • lirpamc
    lirpamc Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've made the same thing but using chocolate PB2 instead of cocoa (I know that some find PB2 controversial but I LOVE it!) and I put mini chocolate chips on mine right before I eat it. It comes to about 300 calories. Delish!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    nom nom nom