what is your dress code at work?

Options

Replies

• StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I think we have an official one but I don't know exactly what it is. I pretty much wear whatever I want, except I draw the line at exercise clothes, which is a shame because they are the most comfortable. A girl's gotta have at least one standard. They're not very good at enforcing things at my work.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Casual to very casual... :laugh: The only limit is not comming dressed like going to the beach or to a strip club (to dance).
    Most of us have the `programmer` dress code: jeans and funny messages T-shirts. Well... sometimes the girls are a little more dressy, but nothing to spectacular (unless we have a date or something after work).
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    A very broad version of 'business casual'. Basically anything except jeans Monday through Thursday. Capri's and flip flops are mine 'uniform' all summer long :bigsmile: Friday's we can wear jeans. Sweatshirts and tee shirts are ok as well as gym shoes on Fridays. It's a very relaxed atmosphere for a law firm
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    We just changed from business casual (no jeans except Fridays) to professional casual (jeans--but no holes, nice shirts, no flip flops or tennis shoes)

It's been a nice switch. No one sees me anyways since I do inside sales.
  • bmstee03
    bmstee03 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Business Casual. I wear heels everyday and err on the side of professional in all of my clothing. I literally own one pair of jeans to my name.
  • angelrosado
    angelrosado Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i've never worn a blazer before, it's really out of my comfort zone.
    i had to go shopping last night for new clothes, i blew 400$ on 2 shirts, a blazer and 3 pants. yikes.

ouch...but a good blazer goes a long way
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    It is pretty casual (technology company). Heck, we can wear hats and flip flops now, not that I would want to go that far.

<
    I wear stuff like this, and vendor swag, most of the time.
  • griff7809
    griff7809 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Flight Suit (profile pic) or ABUs (Airman Battle Uniform).
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I mostly work at home so it's often pajamas, but I have to meet clients a couple times a week and those days I wear business casual.
  • choicewords
    choicewords Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    In my dept. (back office), casual. No blue jeans, sweat or yoga pants,shorts, flip flops. Otherwise anything goes.
  • alicecee92
    Options
    Mine's casual but has to be all black, which I hate. I'd rather it be more business like and all black, because at least then you can feel attractive and well put together.

Black hoodies are depressing :frown:
  • shorty458
    shorty458 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Casual! However, if we have clients scheduled to come in, it's business casual
  • slackerwoman
    slackerwoman Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Business casual and jeans are OK on fridays
  • Scarlett_Belle
    Scarlett_Belle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    military so- camouflage blue cause I'm Navy.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I'm a writer. I don't get dressed.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Whatever I want- even PJs. I work at home and no one can see me over the phone.
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    anything goes. work at a non-profit. you may see professional attire when we're visited by funders, but most days, workout pants, hoodies, sweaters, jeans, whatever you want. pretty nice not to have to have a work clothes' budget.'
  • princessnik7
    princessnik7 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    The men wear a uniform ( its a maintenance department) us office ladies pretty much I guess you could say business casual, although some days I wonder...............

ETA: We could wear jeans every day if we want, and some do but I feel as Office Manager that"s not appropriate for me to do so, and I typically stick to Friday Jean Day.
  • ImpossibleGrl
    Options
    Technically "business casual," but for those of us code monkeys who have no front-facing customer job, it's more like casual. Jeans/sweatshirts/sneakers/shorts/flip flops/or dress up more if you want to. Probably not sweatpants, though, I do not believe I have ever seen that, and there are well over 1,000 people who work here.
  • JacquiMayCrook
    JacquiMayCrook Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Blue and white stripe nurses tunic with black trousers. Ewww