Dog Breed

Options
2»

Replies

• cbart2818
    cbart2818 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Gun dog for me. I love my Vizsla! Where ever we are, he is right there with us.
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    7. Hounds (Beagles, Bassett Hounds, Greyhounds, and Dachshunds):
    Even if you ain’t nothing but a hound dog, good news: Hound dog owners are emotionally stable.

This would be me...three mini dachshunds here.
  • kingking
    kingking Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Portuguese water dog isn't listed. Hmmm. I'd say we portie-owners are smart - we had to be to learn to spell Portuguese. :)
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Apparently I'm all over the place lol. I have an 8 year old female pitbull and a 6 month old Dogue Du Bordeaux.
    According to the article I am intelligent but emotionally unstable. Who knew???

They usually go hand-in-hand
  • morielia
    morielia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have a "pastoral pooch" and what I guess I would call a working dog (he's a livestock guardian). Certainly not extroverted though.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    2 Border Collies

Working dogs..
    Anyone with a Great Dane as a roommate would have to be easygoing and clever to make things work without getting claustrophobic. Not surprisingly, working dog owners are agreeable and intelligent.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    1. Toy dogs (Chihuahuas, Yorkies, Poodles, and Pugs): Though Chihuahua-toting Hollywood starlets may not be the first group you’d think of as being the sharpest crayons in the box, people who own toy dogs are more likely to be intelligent. They also earn high marks for being creative. (Boost your already high brain power with these free brain games that make you smarter.)

2. Pastoral pooches (German Shepherds, Collies, and Corgis): If you share your bed with a border Collie, you’ve likely never met a crowd you weren’t comfortable in, you classic extrovert, you.

I have one of each
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    I've got a toy dog (papillon) and a giant dog (newfie, working dog, see ticker).

Both say I'm intelligent.

Word.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna guess a husky is a working dog so agreeable and intelligent!
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Awesome guys! Keep it going!
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...

Intelligent (1 toy yorkie-poo) & Emotionally unstable (1 jack rat; 1 cairn terrier)

Scary combo! :)

1. Toy dogs (Chihuahuas, Yorkies, Poodles, and Pugs): Though Chihuahua-toting Hollywood starlets may not be the first group you’d think of as being the sharpest crayons in the box, people who own toy dogs are more likely to be intelligent. They also earn high marks for being creative.

5. Terriers (Jack Russells, Carin Terriers, and Miniature Schnauzers): Now don’t take this the wrong way, but owners of terriers were shown to be—how can we put this delicately—rather low on the emotional stability scale. On the plus side, you’ve got a super-cute companion to help you through any funks.
  • usflygirl55
    usflygirl55 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I have a wonderful, lazy, yellow Labrador (non) Retriever. :love: :happy:

3. Gun dogs (Irish Setters, Golden Retrievers, and Spaniels): You and your pooch are happy watching a movie, taking a walk, and really just doing whatever the day dictates—it doesn’t get more agreeable than gun dog owners.
  • BOOMaggedon
    BOOMaggedon Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I have a Mastiff and I am going to assume since it is not really a "working dog" that it is the catagory not listed...

If you own a mastiff you are lazy and don't mind the house smelling like dog farts all day. You also like the fact that such a monsterous dog scares of random sales people showing up at your door.

Just a guess.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    I have a Mastiff and I am going to assume since it is not really a "working dog" that it is the catagory not listed...

If you own a mastiff you are lazy and don't mind the house smelling like dog farts all day. You also like the fact that such a monsterous dog scares of random sales people showing up at your door.

Just a guess.

I think you're right. Having a newfie means you like making neighborhood children think you own a bear.