Cheat days??!!

Options
2»

Replies

• masterjosue
    masterjosue Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't really do a cheat day, simply because for me that could get out of hand...lol. I prefer to strictly adhere to my diet during the week, and allow myself some extra calories on the weekend to enjoy myself. It's really all about balance!!!
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I overindulge from time to time, but I don't consider it cheating. This is my life now; this isn't a diet, so I'm not cheating.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I don't do "cheat days" and I don't do "cheat meals". I am aware of what I am eating when I eat it and know rather quickly what adjustments need to be made during the rest of the day.

I read this quote earlier this week about this topic.

A diet is like a marriage; You can't cheat at it and expect it to work out.
  • funsmile1234
    funsmile1234 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I do one cheat meal a week. Whatever I want as much as I want to eat. This keeps me on track so I don't feel like I am depriving myself. With this I still continue to lose between 2-3 lbs a week.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I don't diet. However, I am losing weight. I normally track what I eat but sometimes I'm just hungry or need to indulge myself or have an all day meeting at work with the food brought in or am celebrating an event. I typically eat what I want to but track it for the record. That way I can assess what wasn't worth the calories and get a sense of how much I eat when it's unplanned.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I usually only cheat when we go to in-laws for dinner or a party or something because I allow myself snacks whenever I want them I don't feel the need to cheat too much but I'm not gonna count calories at someone else's house or at a party so I just try to enjoy myself that day. I am on maintenance now so when I cheat I do gain anywhere from 1 to 2 pounds but I have no problem getting it back off. Enjoy life some and you will be able to sustain this especially if you make it a lifestyle change
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I don't plan on one because I'll abuse it. I do occasionally cheat based on something significant going on (kids birthday, friend promotion, happy hour, etc).

Question here! What do you mean by abuse it?
    I mean I will turn my 1 regular cheat day into 2 and so on. I know myself in that if I tell myself it's ok I won't stop at 1 :)
  • summersbest
    summersbest Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat days or meals but rather treats that I fit into my counts. I usually try and do this either the day of weigh in or the day after. If I restricted everything that was bad for me it would just cause me to binge on them which is worse than just small portions. ~
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    no because it makes getting back on track that much harder.
  • lsulli2004
    lsulli2004 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do every Sunday. It's my day of rest. :-) I honestly don't think I would have made it this far without my day off.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    What I do is plan for a small treat daily. Keeps me sane as I'm not very good at delayed gratification, but for some reason I find it easier to scale back the amount of the indulgence. So, something like a piece of chocolate or a cookie a day is far more appealing to me than a big indulgence on a weekend.

... That said, this is life and I am a social being. So if there's a celebration, I'll go, and I will eat. I play damage control -- make my best choices, make sure any true splurge is worth it (better taste pretty darn amazing!!) and if I'm able to know what food is available in advance, all the better.

As long as I feel like I can have a cookie every day, and can go to group outings whenever they happen, I don't feel deprived and I'm quite happy to just keep truckin' along, you know?
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    A cheat meal, not a whole day!
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you define as "cheating". IF you're taking a day where you're overloading on calories eating whatever you want no limit, then no. That's cheating yourself throwing your "healthy lifestyle" right out the window (In MY opinion anyway). If its logging a nice delicious meal of whatever you desire (hint hint still logging it keeping yourself accountable for the calories consumed), then I do cheat once in a while on some fast food or going out to a restaurant. I try not to let that happen often, though. I'd like to try and eat as healthy as I can afford to.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    No cheat days or meals. I am staying within my alloted calories and plan to stick with it into maintenance. It is working for me and hopefully will be a way of life for me. I allow for small treats daily within my calories. You have to do what is right for you and works for you.
  • andreaheileman
    andreaheileman Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My "cheat day" is on Sunday. How I do it is this... I weigh myself every Saturday morning and as long as I've lost weight from the week before, I can have my cheat day on Sunday. If I'm the same or I've gained weight... no cheat day. I always check my weight on Thursday mornings as well just so I make sure I'm on track for losing weight that week. I love it that way. I would go insane if I couldn't have a cheat day. I don't go crazy though...
  • JillyBadass
    JillyBadass Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Saturday and Sunday. I rarely track anything, and I really do splurge, but splurging in itself is different than it used to be.

I stick pretty hardcore to my cal goal Mon-Friday, and I work out every day of the week. I've been able to lose an average of over 2 lbs per week since January with cheat days.

Cheat away, I say. Just get your *kitten* back on track Monday and don't look back!
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I have one once a week...mine is on Sunday...i started doing this to help keep me focused during the week and so i dont feel so deprived...and honestly its worked for me...if i want something really REALLY bad i know that i will have Sunday to get it..this helps me stay on track...so far its great for me =) everyone is different though...really its your personal preference..
  • cinrn68
    cinrn68 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    When I was doing WW, I did plan cheat days (typically Friday after my weigh-in). I don't anymore. For me it just didn't work because my cheat days would turn into cheat weekends and then the whole thing would go down the drain. I just stick to my new eating plan (it's not a diet afterall) and workout. I guess my cheat days are the days I decide not to workout. LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!