Weighing In

snmonson
snmonson Posts: 79
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
How often should I weigh myself for accurate weightloss results?

Replies

• mitze90
    mitze90 Posts: 19 Member
    The same day once a week, first thing in the morning.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    The same day once a week, first thing in the morning.

This but also naked & after you have used the restroom. :smile:
  • snmonson
    snmonson Posts: 79
  • It is really difficult not to weight yourself everyday .. I chose my day to be Sunday .. Saturday night .. I am just like "common morning!!!"
  • Happyguy
    Happyguy Posts: 90 Member
    I weigh myself every day and then I average the results for the week. This eliminates the day to day fluctuations and the possibility that you may be dehydrated or retaining water on the day you picked to weigh yourself.
  • mitze90
    mitze90 Posts: 19 Member
    I actually weigh myself twice a day normally (before and after the gym) and sometimes a third in the morning, everyday lol just gotta not be disheartened if you go up if you weigh in everyday tho.
  • popplylily
    popplylily Posts: 97
    ince a wk is wayyy enough.. your bodies cycles of water retention etc are so sensitive, even then a gain can be a non gain, as youll see when one wk its like 5 pounds :) it can be a yay thing, but moslty it doesnt reflect properly on your progress, id advise using atape measure for your hips waist and thighs instead :) much more accurate in conjunction with a wkly weigh in
  • Paul76
    Paul76 Posts: 158
    I know I shouldn't, but I weigh in every morning. I'm wise enough to know not to get too caught up in daily fluctuations though, and as long as I'm seeing a slow steady decline then I'm happy.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    I weigh almost every morning. I tried weighing once a week, but then I started psyching myself out. Was it really a gain/loss, or just a fluctuation? By weighing every day, I know what my body does, and I don't get myself freaked out like I did when I only weighed once a week.

On the other hand, I know there are people on here who get freaked out by the day to day ups and downs. YOU need to decide what works for you. If weighing daily doesn't turn into an obsession, then do that. If weekly feels good to you, then that's fine too. Or even monthly, I know there's people on here who have their family members hide the scale and only get it out once a month.

Good luck!
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Every Friday morning... nekkid.
  • ince a wk is wayyy enough.. your bodies cycles of water retention etc are so sensitive, even then a gain can be a non gain, as youll see when one wk its like 5 pounds :) it can be a yay thing, but moslty it doesnt reflect properly on your progress, id advise using atape measure for your hips waist and thighs instead :) much more accurate in conjunction with a wkly weigh in

I agree! Honestly once a week is enough. Though sometimes I sneak a weigh-in in the middle of the week...:smile:
  • popplylily
    popplylily Posts: 97
    oh i was quoted :) cool. wow you there come from smallville, thats awesome
This discussion has been closed.