Logging Kettlebell workouts?

Options
I have been interested in kettlebell workourts for the longest time. My gym has a wide variety of them, from square ones to round ones and any weight you could want. I looked up proper form on YouTube at the advice of some users here and in the process found a great routine for beginners like myself. However, it also doubles as cardio (which I'm told is the case for most KB routines) and I was wondering how to log it.

Before all of the HRM advocates jump in, I do not have the money to buy one. I realize they are a great investment and I do appreciate the advice, but I do not have the money. There are a lot of more important things to me right now that my money needs to be saved for and I do not have nor do I want to spend at the very least 40 dollars on a HRM. Tons of people lose weight successfully without them. Yes, I realize it wont' be as accurate, but it's something I have to deal with for now.

That being said, how does everyone that does not use their HRM log it? Any tips for starting a kettlebell routine? Thanks in advance everyone!

Replies

• DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    No one then?
  • marc_s_johnson
    marc_s_johnson Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I guess you haven't got any replies as using a HRM is probably the only way to find out how to log it.
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    I guess you haven't got any replies as using a HRM is probably the only way to find out how to log it.

Many, many people lose weight daily without use of a HRM. I'm sorry but I don't have 40 dollars at least to drop like everyone else has. :)
  • skullik
    skullik Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I just log it as circuit training.
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    I just log it as circuit training.

Oof, that one says if I do 30 minutes I'll burn 600 calories :huh: :laugh: Thank you for the helpful reply though!
  • marc_s_johnson
    marc_s_johnson Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just guess? (which is all you will be doing with a HRM)
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Log it as whatever. Circuit training, perhaps? I train with kettlebells but don't log exercise here. Other friends who use KBs log them as Kettlebell Training and either guess at the burn, or log as 1 calorie burned.