Low calorie PopTart and IceCream alternative

Options

Replies

• vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    This thread was funny, but got a lot funnier due to the people defending the OP because they thought she was serious.

Also reading this made me want an poptart ice cream sandwich.

And it's even FUNNIER that you called Bill a she. :) I have the junk pix to say different

Wait, what?

Haha, now that IS funnier. I saw the name and rolled with "a" as being feminine, Bill Sica didn't cross my mind.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I was hoping people could also post other low calorie or low fat alternatives to yummy treats.

Here is a good alternative to just ice cream

sqMacadamiamash.jpg

http://the10centdesigner.com/eats/fluffy-macadamia-cauliflower-mash/

Instead of garlic add a few drops of vanilla - delicious :bigsmile:

Edit: I resized - honest :sad:

tumblr_mffvftRN3p1rns18so1_400.gif
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I have an amazing pasta substitute as well!

Take:
    papertowel_zps2ca9f74f.jpg

cut the paper towels and roll them into little spirals, just like pasta!

Add: 2 parts water mixed in with 1 part low sodium ketchup...

Voila! A great a easy, low cal pasta substitute for when you have that carb craving. Sometimes I get a little adventurous and sprinkle on some of Cocoa's cat nip on it (only 5 calories!!!) in place of herbs.

Oh! And don't forget to eat it while watching food network! Helps boost the flavors and texture of the paper towel and aid you with your imagination :wink:

Yummy!
  • commanderval
    commanderval Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I was hoping people could also post other low calorie or low fat alternatives to yummy treats.

1 vitatop dark chocolate muffin top = 100 calories

Add a bit of cool whip and a tad of sugarfree strawberry jam if you wish ;)

You don't need anything else!
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    dxous.gif
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I do not understand how rice cakes are even a thing. I do not know anyone who can willfully digest one, much less feign enjoyment. I think the ones I see on grocery store shelves must have been put there in like 1983, and they are just waiting it out to mock survivors of the zombie apocalypse.
    "You wanted food?! HA! There's nothing left but rice cakes and split pea soup mix!"
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Dear OP: GTFO.

No thanks.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I'd try it. I like rice cakes and bananas and I'll try anything once. :drinker:

I tried spaghetti squash as spaghetti once too. :frown: :sick:
    Better to add it to something like, oh, I don't know, PASTA.
    :laugh:
  • takeisha74
    takeisha74 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Omg , if you dont wanna try it, dont try it, but my goodness you dont have to be rude about it, or even say anything for that matter.....
    HAVE A BLESSED DAY :bigsmile:
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    That is not a Pop Tart ice cream sandwich.

That is a rice cake with mushy banana on it. :noway:

hahahahah.... yup.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    *cover eyes, cries, leaves*
  • MistressAella
    MistressAella Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Wahhhhh.... came in for serious thread is serious thread then peoples are mean and a a guy is a girl and now am finding outses this thread is a LIE?!?

What madhouse IS this?!?!!?
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm all about nutrition....and I don't even LIKE pop tarts and can't eat "real" ice cream (yes I eat skinny cow, weight watchers or so delicious) b/c it has too much fat and it hurts my stomach ...but that is just horrid! A rice cake is like eating cardboard; no way are they good for anything but maybe providing cushioning in a delicate package you're shipping.

I'm sorry...fail. Not ice cream, not pop tart...in no way eatable.
  • iamabutterflychaser
    iamabutterflychaser Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Is it weird that I've never even heard of ice cream and Pop tarts as being "a thing" until I've been looking at the message boards on MFP?

The closest thing to pop tarts that I can think of would be the Kellogs Special K Pastry Crisps. Those are good. And I suppose you could but some frozen yogurt in between them? Or I have heard great things about the yonanas but have not tried it. That kind of sounds like what the OP was trying to accomplish with the frozen mashed up bananas. But yeah, rice cakes are terrible. I feel bad for my dad who has no other choice than to eat them (he has celiac's disease and uses it as a quick and easy substitute for bread). Interestingly enough, he spreads them with peanut butter and cuts up banana on top. :happy:
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options

Well, someone suggested waffles. Aren't some waffles made with whole grains? And frozen yogurt instead of the ice cream.

Although the Pop-Tart ice cream sandwich does look tasty, I found out (from a 2-pack of Pop Tarts) that two pastries=400 calories. Whole-grain waffles would be a lower-fat alternative. Anyone try that?

I do like the rice cakes, too.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i will give you the banana as far as being a good ice cream alternative. if you freeze pieces of banana and blend it, it is like a frozen yogurt texture and creamy and tasty. add dark chocolate chips or carob chips and nom!
    as far as a low cal alternative to pop tarts, cant really think of any.
    but that sounds good bc i happen to love rice cakes and bananas
    i have a feeling that may have been a sarcastic post from the OP though...
    still, no need for people to post rude comments about it
  • skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    We all LOVE pop tarts and ice cream. I came up with this alternative that's just like the real thing.

Only the real thing is just like the real thing. Rice cakes, no matter how dressed up, don't taste like Pop-Tarts, and mashed up, frozen banana is not ice cream.

If you love rice cakes and bananas, this might be for you, but definitely not for me (I hate rice cakes. I'd rather eat styrofoam.)

:huh:
    Aren't rice cakes & styrofoam basically the same thing?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lvv67kHOXy1r3ovdbo1_500.gif

Why Bill...Wwwwhhhhyyyyy :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    And then Hardees puts up a big picture of their strawberry poptart and vanilla ice cream advertisement, right dead smack in the middle of this post. Gee thanks.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Everyone needs to stop being so RUDE! SHE IS TRYING TO HELP!! :sad:

If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all!

Her gross, hateful little sandwich is probably delicious!