Feel Hungry but Stomach is Full

Options
2»

Replies

• mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this as well. I have found a small apple sliced into 8 wedges with some PB2 is a great great satisfier. It's sweet, crunchy and very filling.
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I sometimes get this way. I just drink a glass of water and wait 20-30 minutes because sometimes it takes a little bit for your brain to register that you are full. If I am still hungry after that time I will have a small snack, but usually by then the hunger has gone away.
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I find when I am at a restaurant where I can gulp down water because I can only drink as much as fast as they fill, I eat way more food and I'm less satisfied. When I eat at home where I can control my liquid intake with food much easier, I drink 2-3 glasses of water with my meal or a whole 32 oz of Powerade Zero, which lends to me being full after eating. At work, I tend to always have my "snack" right after eating or either I'm not happy.
  • micqs
    micqs Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I know its been said before, but during my meals I chew my food really slow and take sips of water or wait a few seconds before taking another bite. I try to make it a point to put my fork or spoon down between each bite (gets kinda silly but it helps me). Also, just increasing water if you are already slowing yourself down during eating.
  • mistesh
    mistesh Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Like you feel hungry but not sated? That can happen if you're filling yourself up with too much low calorie food - e.g. if you ate a kg of celery you would be full but not satisfied. Make sure you're getting enough protein and fats in your diet.
    To me it's all about what I eat. As someone else said, protein and fats will help you feel satisfied, so of your meals are very low in either of those, no matter how much you eat you won't be satisfied.
    I find when I am at a restaurant where I can gulp down water because I can only drink as much as fast as they fill, I eat way more food and I'm less satisfied.

I'm not sure what you mean by satisfied?