Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Bicycle Seat for a Large Woman?

nypa96
nypa96 Posts: 30 Member
Does anyone have a suggestion for a good bicycle seat for a large woman (240 pounds)? I have a bike I want to ride but I can't even make it 5 minutes on the current seat. It is horrible!!!

Brand, model, etc would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• kelaya00
    kelaya00 Posts: 12 Member
    I have the same question. As of April 30, my husband and I started riding out bikes twice a day for exercise. It has been at least fifteen years since I have been on a bike so I went out to search for the largest seat that I could find. I purchased the Schwinn Gel Comfort seat. My must say that as of this afternoon, I am still in pain.

http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/schwinn-gel-comfort-saddle-bicycle-seat--black
  • kappatit
    kappatit Posts: 9
    i have the same problem. i haven't tried it myself but there seem to be alternatives...like a hornless seat. Check it out.

http://www.amazon.com/Schwinn-No-Pressure-Bicycle-Seat/dp/B000DZGLVY/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1367432627&sr=8-13&keywords=bike+saddle
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    IMO as a 330lb bike rider, you don't want a big padded seat.

Go to your bike shop and get yourself a decent road bike seat. Some will let you try them before they make you buy.

Don't buy the big gel seat covers...TERRIBLE

You have to give your sit bone time to build up to the endurance. It hurts at first, but it does get better. If anything, invest in a pair of bicycle shorts.
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    IMO as a 330lb bike rider, you don't want a big padded seat.

Go to your bike shop and get yourself a decent road bike seat. Some will let you try them before they make you buy.

Don't buy the big gel seat covers...TERRIBLE

You have to give your sit bone time to build up to the endurance. It hurts at first, but it does get better. If anything, invest in a pair of bicycle shorts.

I agree with all of this.

I do a fair amount of road biking and was having similar issues with soreness. So I went to a local bike shop, got their opinion, and walked out with a super minimal looking saddle (made by Fizik). It was a bit pricey, but I can sit on that thing for 6+ straight hours and it's extremely comfortable.
  • nypa96
    nypa96 Posts: 30 Member
    Thank you so much for your input. I think I will go to our local bike shop and see what they have. Thanks!