Frustration

I crave chocolate and junk, I want to quit. I have been doing so well, exercising like crazy, and gained a pound! BUT I remind myself it took me longer than a week to gain weight and it's going to take time to lose it. I must not give up. I have to win this time. I just need some encouragement, advice, something.

Replies

• beckslite
    beckslite Posts: 125 Member
    We all have these days, even weeks. But the key is not to stay down. We will get these and it will knock us down. But start again and get back up. Start again. I know its hard, I really do. I had two bass days last week and wanted to give up, but the next day I decided to get back up and fight this. It is my body, and I want to be in control.

Don't give up hun, just put it behind you and move on. You can do this. :)
  • mabybaby89
    mabybaby89 Posts: 37 Member
    Hang in there! I know what you mean, though. It's almost finals week for me and all of my projects, along with three tests, were due this week. Most of them today. Stress has been causing me to crave my comfort foods, chicken nuggets and hot crisp fries. My boyfriend even ended up picking some up for me as a surprise yesterday and I almost lost the willpower not to eat all of it. I just had to remind myself of how well I had been doing and that I had been proud of myself for sticking to my schedule earlier in the week. It must have worked because there's still one box of nuggets and fries in the fridge right now. =) One of the things I do, though, when I get cravings (not general craving but major cravings) is to go ahead an indulge them, but to a limited extent. That way I don't feel like anything is necessary "forbidden" and I can still enjoy the things I love. That way I don't get to the point where I don't care anymore and just want the x,y, or z despite the consequences. For example, if I'm really craving chocolate I'll get a small bar and have maybe two small squares for my snack. That way, I get chocolate but refrain from overindulging. At least, that's just what I personally do and it seems to work okay for me.