the moment you realized you're getting "IN SHAPE"?

YOU KNOW HOW IT HITS YOU THAT YOU LOST WEIGHT WHEN YOU TRY ON AN AWESOME PAIR OF OLD JEANS (that you could never let go). THIS WAS MY MOMENT :D BUT DIFFERENT. 15 minutes of my daily cardio consist of walking my dogs they're both german shepards & the male is HUGE. its sometimes really difficult because they get so hyper. So its hard enough to simply walk them .today they decided to race and before i knew it. the three of us were running down the block. I could have never done that before and it felt GREAT!!! So instead of walks we might just start taking runs :) AWESOME MOMENT!! TOOT YOUR HORN AND SHARE YOUR MOMENT OF TRUE GRATIFICATION :)

Replies

• leopio
    leopio Posts: 2 Member
    Keep up the good work! Congratulations on getting back into those old jeans. I Was in 40 size waist three months ago down to 36's. I know it isn't much but shoot it's something:)
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    I know I'm in shape and all cause people tell me all the time, but I never feel in shape or in shape enough. It does feel pretty good when people you don't know stop you to compliment you though lol
  • brillmer
    brillmer Posts: 1,268 Member
    Yesterday lol.

Starting to get lots of compliments and people noticing the change.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    I haven't been losing the weight the last few weeks like I had been the first month, but I still felt like I was making stides. I still get stuck in my head sometimes that losing weigh = success. However, yesterday in three different situations I had people mention how amazing (their word, not mine) I've looked lately. I don't think I look that much different, but I had the confidence to wear some tighter, form fitting clothes because of this journey. So really, even though I haven't changed my shape to what I want, my "in shape" is all about the confidence I gain from this.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    When I completed p90x!!!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    I knew I was in shape when I could wear a party dress without wearing support underwear. Amazingly this happened when I was still a UK size 16 (currently a 12). The benefits of lifting weights :drinker:
  • Mtleiker
    Mtleiker Posts: 160
    LOL I LOVE THESE STORIES:smile: SADLY I HAVEN'T HAD COMPLIMENTS OTHER THEN MY BOYFRIENDS or a smaller jean size BUT MY ENDURANCE IS MUCH HIGHER JUDGING BY MY DOGS and i feel strong. PS. i think all guys should wear snugger jeans. some girls like the view lol and girls its totally ok to feel like a bad @&% cause you lift weights. :smokin:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    I bet your puppies are sooo happy and proud of you!
  • Not only did i notice in my jean getting loose but my 13 y.o. said, "dad, you have lost a lot of weight." That made me feel good and better about myself.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Today when my husband asked if I was wearing his jeans because they look massive and for the first time in our 11 year marriage I realised I have a smaller waist than him now :love:
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    I knew I was in shape when I could wear a party dress without wearing support underwear. Amazingly this happened when I was still a UK size 16 (currently a 12). The benefits of lifting weights :drinker:

That was me last weekend!!
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    I ran 3 miles today. And I walked home. I feel fine Lol. Any other time I would have died at mile 1 or better yet 0.5.. My endurance is incomparable to what it was even a month from now, I feel very proud to know the hard work that I have put into my cardio training is paying off, my legs look and feel awesome too :P
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    When i could jog/run 10 minutes straight on my treadmill and not feel like passing out!!! Seriously....that was it for me!! It an amazing feeling i love it!!:flowerforyou:
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    when I can do 25 push ups in a row without stopping LMAO
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    When I tried on my old size 10 clothes and they fit. Can't wait to bring out my size 8 stuff!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    When I would be late for work, and run for the bus...and actually CATCH it. Amazing.
  • Mtleiker
    I bet your puppies are sooo happy and proud of you!
    OH YEAH they had a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • nickiog
    nickiog Posts: 187 Member
    seeing myself in the background of some pics (where i totally wasnt paying attention and wasnt "ready" ) that got posted online and actually not being pissed cause i looked good in them :D
  • Mtleiker
    :happy: YALL ALLLL SHOULD BE SOOO FREAKEN PROUD!!!!!!!
  • runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    Went out for cycle with OH. Last year he left me in the dust going up the hills, this time it was me shooting ahead. Granted it was a combination of me being a lot fitter than last year and him being less fit. Felt great, only because I was afraid after all my work that he'd still end up leaving me behind. Now cycles are just for cycling together, and opportunity for exercising together and motivating each other. I go lift weights or do some HIIT when I want to push myself.