HCG Drops

Options
Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has tried the HCG Drops for weight loss?
Have you lost weight? Do you gain the weight back when you go off them?

Replies

• Hike_higher
    Options
    You might want to keep your head down !! lol

Many MFP people before you have been flamed for considering such a thing !
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    No I have not, and you shouldn't either! It's not really the drops that are bad, it's the diet that goes with it. Extremely unhealthy, and you will pretty much kill your metabolism and gain all the weight back after. (Although there are a few that may say different)
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    never heard of them before.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    This is not a safe diet method. The calorie restriction is 500 a day, well below medical starvation levels. Any weight that is lost is because you are trying to subsist on calories that newborns eat.

You will suffer side effects - headaches, nausea, shakiness, be likely to binge, your weight loss will be hindered. Gone on long enough, hair loss, and all of the negative side effects of an eating disorder (since that will be what level you will be eating at.)

Steer clear.
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Heard of it. Wouldn't do it. Health is a lifestyle you need to learn to adapt and control.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I know 12 people who did HCG a couple of years ago. Not one of them kept their weight off once they went off the diet, and yes they did follow the plan to ramp up gradually without adding back sugar. It didn't make a difference. The longest any of them kept it off was 2 months.
  • tynishabeezfit
    tynishabeezfit Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has tried the HCG Drops for weight loss?
    Have you lost weight? Do you gain the weight back when you go off them?

1. No
    2. Yes, of course you will. You are not eating enough.
    3. Yes. You are not learning true healthy eating habits.
  • jpinge
    jpinge Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My friend tried them....bragged that she lost 10 pounds the first week and well now......she gained 60....50 more than she started with.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Eat clean, use real butter,oil and sugars. Limit simple carbs.....no gimmicks!
  • zaftiggirl
    zaftiggirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I tried them and lost almost 40lbs... and then gained it all back with a VENGEANCE. But I gained it back more in my stomach and arms and less in my legs, so I think that it does do something to your hormones... just not what you want it to do!

Slow & steady wins the race. :)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    This is a bad idea. Please don't do it.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I know someone who did it....didn't work & the side affects were bad.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that our users follow the calorie guidelines automatically assigned by our site, unless they are under the direct supervision of a doctor. We are currently reviewing the medical literature on the HCG/500 calorie diet and reserve the right to moderate against discussions of this diet at any time in the future.

Thank you all for your concern. We're definitely looking closely at this issue.

psuLemon
This discussion has been closed.