recipe game

Options
Hey, so im at a loss of new ideas for healthy meals. I live with my boyfriend and hes a beef and potato kind of guy. I feel bad always making salads and chicken meals. hes gotta be getting sick of that. and im looking for new ideas also even if it is chicken or salad just a new kind!

ill start. this i usualy do for breakfast or lunch and it involves no cooking! and it also would be good for desert just in lesser portions.

i take light n fit vanilla yogurt. 1 C is 80 calories
then light cottage cheese and 1/2 C is 110 caloires
then i usualy use a handfull of blue berries but you can use whatever fruit you want. this is usualy about 80 caloires for the blueberries.

its so good and sweet. very filling also. you can always add granola to itt but that just adds more calories. i could eat this for a meal every day !

Replies

• aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    I got this from a MFP friend and it has been a big hit at my house. :bigsmile:

Sue

Mediterranean Chicken & Pasta

Prep Time: 25 min
    Start to Finish: 25 min
    makes: 6 servings (1 1/2 cups each)

2 cups uncooked multigrain penne pasta (6 oz)
    2 teaspoons olive or canola oil
    1 small onion, chopped (1/3 cup)
    2 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
    2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
    2 cups 3/4-inch pieces cooked chicken breast
    1 can (14.5 oz) no salt added diced tomatoes, undrained
    1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
    1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
    1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
    1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, quartered lengthwise
    3/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese (3 oz)

1. In 4-quart Dutch oven, cook and drain pasta as directed on package, omitting salt. Return to Dutch oven; cover to keep warm.
    2. Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender. Add zucchini and garlic; cook 2 minutes. Stir in chicken, tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano and basil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is tender and mixture is hot. Stir in olives.
    3. Pour chicken mixture over pasta. Top with feta cheese; toss to coat.

Nutritional Information

1 Serving: Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 540mg; Total Carbohydrate 29g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 7g); Protein 23g
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    chicken mandrin salad

2 c cubed chicken
    2 c chunked celery
    2 c grapes -halved
    2 cans mandrin oranges drained
    1 container light yoplait lemon yogurt
    1 box pasta rings-prepared
    light mayo- about 1 c. or creamy consistancy
    salt and pepper to taste
    Refridgerate and serve chilled

It's got about 250 cals per cup. It's so refreshing and really tastey! :) Enjoy!
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Broiled Tilapia Parmesan - A good fish recipe to get you STARTED liking fish! :drinker:
    serves 2

INGREDIENTS
    2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
    1 tablespoon light butter or margarine, softened
    1 tbs light mayonnaise
    2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
    pinch dried basil
    pinch ground black pepper
    1/4 tsp onion powder
    1/4 tsp celery salt
    1/2 pound tilapia fillets(or other mild fish)
    DIRECTIONS
    Preheat your oven's broiler.spray oil on broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil.
    In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, lite butter,lite mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with dried basil, pepper, onion powder and celery salt. Mix well and set aside.
    Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to over cook the fish
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Roast Beef and Blue Cheese Wraps

3/4 cup (3 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
    2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
    2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
    2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
    1 tablespoon honey
    1 garlic clove, minced
    2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
    1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
    1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
    3 (10-inch) flour tortillas
    1/2 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef

Combine blue cheese, horseradish, mayonnaise, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Combine 1 tablespoon cheese mixture, vinegar, honey, and garlic in a medium bowl. Add 1/4 teaspoon pepper, cabbage, celery, and basil.
    Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spread remaining cheese mixture evenly over tortillas. Divide beef and cabbage mixture evenly among tortillas; roll up. Cut each rolled tortilla in half crosswise.

Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 roll-up half)

CALORIES 241 FAT 7.7g FIBER 2.1g