Sugars?

Options
MFP gives me (I think) 26 sugars a day. Somehow, I always go over. I generally have yogurt and fruit. I know those have sugar, but how do you eat those without getting all of the sugar? I'm confused on this.

Thanks.

Replies

• shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Im constantly over. When its from fruit, etc. I think you are fine. At least thats what I have read from others.
  • aedfit
    aedfit Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've been wonderign the same thing because I'm always over and never add sugar to anything. I avoid sweets and eat sugar free foods. Hmmmm??

Love your profile picture by the way. What a beautiful baby!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    That's because MFP lumps together both natural and additive sugars in processed foods. It doesn't differentiate between the two so you'll always go over. If the bulk of your sugar is coming from natural foods like fruits, then you're ok. I stopped tracking sugar because of this; I track sodium now instead.
  • emmaldownie
    emmaldownie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I've just checked mine, I go over almost every day as well!!!! It think it would only be under everyday if they counted natural sugar and additive sugar as individual items.
  • NoDayButToday
    Options
    Thank you so much! Yes, most of mine comes just from fruit. That's good to know. As for the sodium, is the recommended amount through MFP, is that appropriate or should it be lower? I think mine says something like 2,500.

Thanks for all of the help.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I gave up yogerts that are flavored cause they have high amounts of high fructose corn syrup. I was eating 1 to 2 a day. Even than I still lost weight, but my sugars are better. I'd prefer to get it from fruit rather than fake stuff. My weight loss hasn't been affected by the cutback though..so I guess if the weight is coming off that your probably okay.