28 Ilbs or Less Club

Options
Hey everyone!

I need to lose like 14 Ilbs but I want to lose something like 28Ilbs. Hey, shoot for the moon, if you miss at least you'll be among the stars!

There are a lot of motivational groups etc on here for people who want to lose circa 100 Ilbs so I want to start a new club!

I started here a couple of weeks ago but was on holiday last week and with the service stations and family food I haven't dared weigh myself. I started afresh yesterday and would like to offer support / receive any!

My goal is 2Ilbs this week. I'm going to weigh myself on Monday morning.

:smile:

Replies

• xmimikinsx
    xmimikinsx Posts: 191
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I need to lose like 14 Ilbs but I want to lose something like 28Ilbs. Hey, shoot for the moon, if you miss at least you'll be among the stars!

There are a lot of motivational groups etc on here for people who want to lose circa 100 Ilbs so I want to start a new club!

I started here a couple of weeks ago but was on holiday last week and with the service stations and family food I haven't dared weigh myself. I started afresh yesterday and would like to offer support / receive any!

My goal is 2Ilbs this week. I'm going to weigh myself on Monday morning.

:smile:
  • momandwife
    momandwife Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have 12 pounds to go!! I have lost 5 so far (I started MFP in February). My goal is 1 pound per week. I am a mom, wife, student, employee - so time is limited for me. I try and walk on the treadmill while I study in the evenings. It's tough!! Just with the 5 pounds gone I can feel my jeans feeling more baggy - that is a GREAT feeling ..... I just can't wait until I reach my goal and I can go SHOPPING!!

I think a motivation group would be GREAT!! It will keep me going!

I am also in the Memorial Day Challenge - so this group will help me reach my goal for that as well!

:drinker: Here's to the 28 lbs. or Less Club!! :drinker:
  • PrincessRitty
    Options
    I Wanna loose 7ish Lbs at the moment i think! I was opting for a "keep the chubb and turn it to muscle" but since my other half asked last night had i put on weight (:noway: ) sod it! Im bk to the oringinal plan. So im gonnah weigh in on saturday i think, and i will be good this weekend!! No Buffet lunches, as i have to try dresses on, and will not squeze into them else! Might even take my own lunch, and hope the wether is good for a picnic maybe :smile:

I wish everyone lots of luck and hopefuly, even a pound will be an acheivement for me!

Good Luck _-x
  • nikii14
    nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Im In!! I need to lose about 10 more lbs to be happy. I have tons to motivate me.
    My husband, kids, the summer coming up and my trip to Vegas in May. I go to the gym almost everyday and "try" to eat as healthy as possible, but the pounds are still there. I am, however, losing inches, but I want that scale to start moving.
    Everyone says "you're so skinny" but noone sees what's REALLY under my clothes. I DO!! and I don't like it. I went to the gym last night in a pair of shorts and tank top. I did a few exercises in front of the mirror and was DISGUSTED with my body. I can only imagine what others see or think when they see me...YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mrsjones
    mrsjones Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi! I turn 29 this year(which might as well be thirty), just had my 3rd baby, celebrating 8th year of marriage to high school sweetheart - so we have 14 years in- had 10 year HS reunion this summer, sent first born to kindergarten, basically I can't add AND I GOT FAT to that list! I'll just feel like an antique! I have 20 lbs. to lose to get me back to the weight I was before my first baby was born five years ago. My hubbie offered to count calories with me but keeps suggusting he does not really need to lose weight. I am beginning to think he brought up dieting as an alternative to asking me to drop a few! I believe in strength in numbers and would love to be a part of this group!
  • kimmerlyjo
    kimmerlyjo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'll play!!! I hit a standstill a couple months ago and finally started losing again. I had a baby girl Dec of 06 and as of today I am 1lb from my prebaby weight. I'd like to lose about 10lbs total. more would be great but i'm not going to push it. I'm married and in the military stationed in Japan. Makes it a little harder to count the calories when I eat off base but I do what I can. Good luck everyone and I have faith in all of you!!!! :happy:
  • mrsjones
    mrsjones Posts: 9
    Options
    Every time anyone dares to compliment how super I look-for just having 3rd baby- I feel a strong need to reply. "Well, that's because I'm not naked". You make a great point. The comments of others to add up to much if you don't feel the same way.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    xmimi - I'm in... 27 lbs to lose... You said something interesting about shooting for a weight too low...

I've been thinking the same thing... losing 27lbs for me might be near impossible, maybe I should lower that goal? Everyone says I will be skin and bones at 27 more lbs, but I figure why not try, right? I know Angelina Jolie doesn't weigh 130 lbs!
    :smile: :wink:
  • xmimikinsx
    Options
    Excellent. I now dub thee all members of this club and may weight drop of us in a gallantly manner.

Haha :laugh:
  • AJCM
    Options
    Haha...

Lets HOPE we DROP weight!!! :love: :love: :love:

Btw... your pic looks really slim... YOU are going to be skin and bones if you lose all that weight!
  • xmimikinsx
    Options
    My dear you can only see my face FOR A REASON.

Serisouly I did my bmi thing on here and iVillage and it says to put in your frame.

How to determine your build = wrap your index finger and thumb around your wrist. If your fingers overlap you are SMALL frame, if they touch you are MEDIUM frame and if they don't touch you are large frame. This contributes to your bmi.

My fingers overlap, it said "your are clearly overweight" so I tried medium frame just to see if it made a different and it still said I was over weight! I am definitely not a large build so I think that proves I need to lose the weight. My ideal weight according to this is 8 stone 13 Ilbs and I am soo way off!!!! :cry:
  • AJCM
    Options
    I mean't pic #2 - you look good to me!!! :flowerforyou: But hey, everyone has a weight that they want to reach!

On the BMI.... Hmmm.... We're going to drop some though, right?
    :flowerforyou:
  • xmimikinsx
    Options
    Thanks so do you! :happy: You made my day.

I want my bmi to be like 19 or so so I have a "few" numbers to minus there :wink:

Lol! When's your weigh?
  • xmimikinsx
    Options
    I have just looked at YOUR pictures and I think maybe you should take some Ilbs off of your goal. 30Ilbs? That's mega extreme like size zero extreme, I'd say like 14 Ilbs tops for you young lady!
  • tishawillliams2
    Options
    Hi,
    I would like to join in the 28 pounds or less club. I would like to lose 25 pounds or so. I also need to workout out more, and get more toned.:flowerforyou:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I need to loose 8 lbs as per the military but I wanted to loose 20lbs.

Good luck to everyone!
  • xmimikinsx
    Options
    Great I'm glad this is proving popular. Good luck to everyone! I hope you all reach your goals!

I only have 433 kcal left for dinner...oh dear! Looks like I'm going spinning tonight :laugh:
  • AJCM
    Options
    Thanks Xmimi! The one pic (of the family) is about 20+ lbs from what I am now - so that is not good - but I'm feeling much better and slimmer since then! No size zero for me - I'm hoping for a 4 or 6!
    :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessRitty
    Options
    4 or 6 would suit me fine!! Thats wat i hope to be for my party!
    Even if i dont stick at that afterwards, id like to be 6 at least :smile:

Whens ur weigh in amanda?

__x
  • xmimikinsx
    Options
    4 or 6 would suit me fine!! Thats wat i hope to be for my party!
    Even if i dont stick at that afterwards, id like to be 6 at least :smile:

Whens ur weigh in amanda?

__x

Princess, I think a 4 is a UK 6 and a 6 is a UK 8 deary. Don't you go all size zero on me :laugh: