Run or Dye - legit?

Options
3dogsrunning
3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
Has anyone heard of this/done one? There is a Facebook post going pretty popular on my feed right now. It is looking for people to pre-register and offers some perks.
I am curious if it is legit because I am pretty involved in the race community and have organized a few races. Basically it's near impossible to get a road shut down for a run (from what I understand of this type of race that would be required).
I also notice that my location along with all the other ones for this run are listed as "coming soon".
I see there are a few in the US with registration open.
Anyone heard of them/know about them/participated in one?

Replies

• JackieMac979
    JackieMac979 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I know a girl in California who participated in this with her cousin. They had fun! She out pics on FB showing paint all over her. Sounds legit to me.
  • bmiller211
    bmiller211 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I don't actually know what you are talking about but I am assuming you are speaking of a color run where they throw dye at you while you run.Never done one don't want to ruin my good running shoes!!
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I hope so, I'm running this in St. Paul with some MFPeeps next week! !we are running along the river, but all communications etc have been very legit!
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    I don't actually know what you are talking about but I am assuming you are speaking of a color run where they throw dye at you while you run.Never done one don't want to ruin my good running shoes!!

It is the same idea but it is the brand name for the run. I believe the Color Run would be a different organization/business.
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Weird, it's been popping up on my facebook too with coming soon, but they want you to pre register. I keep saying no to the pre register because what if it is a weekend I cannot do it?
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    I hope so, I'm running this in St. Paul with some MFPeeps next week! !we are running along the river, but all communications etc have been very legit!

Ok good. I couldn't find any runs that had occurred. Just curious because of all the "coming soon".

Have fun!
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    I know a girl in California who participated in this with her cousin. They had fun! She out pics on FB showing paint all over her. Sounds legit to me.

Same as above ^^^.
    Thanks!!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure Run or Dye is legit.. There is another "color run" coming to chicago, but I forget the name of it.
    Living Social was also running a special on admission for Run or Dye.

I believe since the Color Run is so popular, knock offs are beginning to pop up.
  • wiltl
    wiltl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My BFF and her husband are registered for one in eastern WA state in July. She wants a bunch of us to do it with them, so I'm attempting C25K to see if I can actually do it! . The YMCA is one of the partners for this run in WA and its on their site too, so I would hope its legit. It looks like a lot of fun and a good intro to running in organized runs.
  • MelJolly
    MelJolly Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Pre-registering doesn't require payment. It only means that you will receive notification that the date, time, and route have been set. I've pre-registered fot this year's race, hoping to be able to run SOME of it. (I am not a runner by nature.... but I'm trying!) From the website it looks like previous years cost around $40. Similar to what I paid to register for Race for the Cure.