Jenny Craig Group?

Options
Anyone here doing Jenny Craig and using MFP? If so, please let me know - I'd like to start a group.

Replies

• krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    been thinkinh about it or nutrisystem. what do you think
  • najlaamundson
    najlaamundson Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've never done Nutrisystem - although I knew someone who did lose quite a bit of weight on it... then gained it back.

I know Jenny Craig is not a long term solution - but it's the right one for me now. I've only been doing it for about a week and I have to say I'm impressed. The food is really good. And I haven't been hungry at all. I also enjoy going in and visiting with a consultant once a week.

I chose JC over Nutrisystem because a physician I know suggested it. With her busy lifestyle she said when she feels like she is off track, she turns to JC to get back on track. She feels it is nutritionally sound and she did tell me it will work.

Hope that helps!

:smile:
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you, I've done both and liked them a lot. The only reason I stopped was because of the cost. Love them. I made up my own system by using lean cuisines and low calorie snacks, and do that ever so often.
  • najlaamundson
    Options
    That's cool! I've read about a lot of people doing that.
  • jtannehill75
    Options
    i started Jenny Craig in Jan. 2012. Now.. I'm 80 pounds down.. size 18 to size 0. Definitely worked and now my eating habits are a way of life... :)

Still go in for my monthly check-ins..and still maintaining!! :)
  • najlaamundson
    Options
    OMG! How great! That is inspiring!
  • sejalnigam
    sejalnigam Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thinking about starting Jenny Craig from next week. Booked in my initial consultation tomorrow. I would love to hear feedback/suggestions from other JC members.
    Feel free to add me.
  • najlaamundson
    Options
    Thinking about starting Jenny Craig from next week. Booked in my initial consultation tomorrow. I would love to hear feedback/suggestions from other JC members.
    Feel free to add me.

Sejainigam - did you start JC? How's it going for you?
  • Patriotsheehy
    Options
    Just ordered a month of food. I did JC while ago and lost about 35 pounds. I purchased a lifetime membership back then so I didn't have to pay any monthly fees. I think this food may have less sodium than buying Lean Cuisine. I also like that my portions will be strictly controlled. I need that. My plan is to stick with it for about 4 months and see how much I can lose. I want to lost 50-70 pounds. I bought Nutrisystem before and the food was awful.
  • sejalnigam
    sejalnigam Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.

Sejainigam - did you start JC? How's it going for you?

Yes, two weeks on Jenny craig now, and lost 1.5kg. :happy: fingers crossed...will continue to lose more...
    going well for the start, sticking to menu and adding lots of veges/salad. :drinker:
  • phieaglefan
    phieaglefan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I just finished using Jenny Craig again (used it years ago after having 3 kids in 4 years to get rid of baby weight). I hit my JC goal, but decided to go a bit lower on my own. It works for me, that's why I went back. It's when I'm on my own that things start to fall apart. But I feel that having MFP will be the difference this time.

Pros: Portion Control
    Healthy food
    No gray areas
    Accountability

Cons:
    Expense
    A bit high on the carbs

I would recommend it to anyone if cost isn't an issue. It truly does teach you how to eat. And my counselor this time advocated MFP to be used alongside JC.
  • Dom4less
    Dom4less Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi, I joined JC 6 weeks ago and lost a total of 8 lbs (slowly for surely) I am down to 241.2 as of this morning, love most of the food, I find it cheaper then eating out every day (very lazy in the kitchen) due to working long hours and long commutes to and from work.
    Portion control is definitely the secret, but I am done eating a JC meal, I am not hungry and the options are endless. I would also recommended to anyone who has a hard time with portion control.

I am also looking for virtual support:-) it's always nice to know that you are not alone:flowerforyou:

Good luck everyone:wink:
  • Dom4less
    Options
    placed in wrong quote
  • Dom4less
    Options
    i started Jenny Craig in Jan. 2012. Now.. I'm 80 pounds down.. size 18 to size 0. Definitely worked and now my eating habits are a way of life... :)

Still go in for my monthly check-ins..and still maintaining!! :)

Wow, I love to hear positive outcomes like yours. Congrats on your weight loss that is truly awesome:-) If you don't mind me asking, what did you do, did you exercise or just Jenny Craig food? Although I know everyone is different, but how long did it take you to lose 80 lbs, and did you reach a plateau at any time? As you can see I nourish myself on true and realistic successes: drinker:
  • kmcgrath1
    kmcgrath1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I Just renewed my JC membership. I plan on putting the meals on MFP because I eventually want to go to 5 days a week. I want to do a full month 7 days a week just to get back into the program and get my mindset back. My originally consultant who I loved moved away and I don't care for any of the others so I'm trying the at home program and hopefully my counselor will be a good fit for me now.
  • chunkygalbegone
    chunkygalbegone Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started Jenny as of today, Pretty excited to start my weight loss journey !