Overcoming binging/over eating ?

Options
anyone ever over came this problem if so how?

Replies

• run252
    run252 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm working on it - a big thing for me was upping my calories a tiny bit, and really trying to keep myself busy. Feel free to add me for support:)
  • squeakyfish
    squeakyfish Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    For me, the key was to really take a good look at the reasons why I was binging. It took a lot of self study. Once I figured it out, I was able to let it go. The other important thing was to avoid alcohol in excess. Anything more than a couple of glasses of wine on the weekend and I start a neverending snack cycle. Giving myself a break really helped as well. I've been a major labeler of foods as good or bad foods for years now. I still eat very clean and healthy, but I've really loosened up on the "rules" I lived with for so many years. By allowing myself occasional small portions of foods that were on my formerly forbidden list (ie, butter, cheese) I've been able to move forward without food guilt which often leads to binging. I try every day to try and eat like a "normal" person. I'm not trying to diet. I'm just trying to learn to eat normally and the weight is still coming off anyways (27# in 3 months) because I haven't binged since I started.