? for the Women

nicolina823
nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Has anyone ever had blood blisters form where your bra hits the side of your body while working out? And if so, how did you get it to go away?

Replies

• dclarsh1
    dclarsh1 Posts: 83
    Are you wearing a regular bra with underwire or a sports bra?
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,206 Member
    hm.... this hasn't happened to me before but sounds uncomfortable. I would try a different type of sports bra or maybe its too tight?
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Do guys get the same thing when their samosas hit their legs while working out?
  • nicolina823

Hahaha I wonder!
  • nicolina823
    I have 2 bras that I use all the time when my sports bras are in the wash for workouts. I've only used my normal bra's once. I didnt notice that it was rubbing so hard that it formed. I only noticed when I got in the shower. Now when I work out it gets darker because more blood rushes to the surface. I have no idea how to get it to go away. I dont want to do anything to it because its right above my vein.

I'll have to call the doctor. I dont have insurance right now so I hope they can give me an answer of something I can do at home.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Usually they will go away on their own..(mine do anyway). How often are you working out? What kind of workout? And lol, how big are the girls? Can you do without any kind of bra, and do a lower body/weights workout till it goes away?
  • Paul76
    Paul76 Posts: 158

Um..no.
  • nicolina823
    Usually they will go away on their own..(mine do anyway). How often are you working out? What kind of workout? And lol, how big are the girls? Can you do without any kind of bra, and do a lower body/weights workout till it goes away?

I work out every day. I'm doing the 30 Day Shred and 10 Minute Solutions. So I need a bra with the Shred or I'd knock myself out. I have larger sized C's. Doesnt feel so good without a bra.
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    In my experience that only happened when my bra was too big and it made the bra move around and chaf me under my arms. I'm in a small B though so it might just be the "bouncing" :wink: is making your bra just irritate you when it moves up and down. IDK if there is a remedy for that :ohwell:
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Are you wearing a heart rate monitor as well? I got blisters under my bra where my HRM was positioned. I believe it was because of the amount of sweat, the lack of circulation, and friction right at that point. If you're having this issue with just a bra, you may want to find one that's more breathable and definitely fits right.
  • nicolina823
    No, no HRM just yet. I'll get that when I start ChaLean.
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member

This might depend on boxers or briefs.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    In my experience that only happened when my bra was too big and it made the bra move around and chaf me under my arms. I'm in a small B though so it might just be the "bouncing" :wink: is making your bra just irritate you when it moves up and down. IDK if there is a remedy for that :ohwell:
    I'm DD cup, so I use a smaller bra and double it up for extra support. They smash them in but there is hardly any bouncing or rubbing of the cloth.
  • indybrown
    indybrown Posts: 31
    I'm a DD as well and this has happened to me, not as bad though that I got blisters, but it was still red and irritated for a few days after this happened and sore to the touch. It's the type of bra strap that's too tight and when you sweat, it causes the friction. Simply said, you need to get a different bra that fits you a bit better and not as tight.
  • allykat8
    allykat8 Posts: 237
    I have never had this before.

Is your bra too small/tight? I would try getting a different size and see if that helps.
  • Paul76
    Paul76 Posts: 158

This might depend on boxers or briefs.

Again - nope, even in boxers. If the "samosas" (as they're being referred to) are striking the inner thigh at sufficient velocity to create blood blisters, the, let's call it, "discomfort", from that action alone would cause one to stop what they were doing entirely. Well before blood blisters would form. Unless, of course, you're in to that kind of thing.
This discussion has been closed.