HELP! Any ideas of what is going on???

Options
2»

Replies

• packyhj
    packyhj Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My trainer has me cut out carbs after 4:00 AND fluctuate my calories between 1200 and 1400 per day thus keeping your metabolism constantly revved up. Try that.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    It seems to me that if your BMR is 1400 you should not eat below that level. Read THE answers to THE questions thread, it is a great explanation.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips guys (and gals of course)!
    :flowerforyou:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Yep. I'm with Alf. Don't change anything esp. if it's that time of month. Once you get through it, you will lose a few more pounds. I never lose the week before my period, but start losing again the week of. The week after is usually good! It sounds like your body is adjusting to your diet to lose about a pound a week after your first initial, big loss. GL!:flowerforyou:
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Its been 3 weeks and I lost 5lbs in my first week none the second and third. I am sticking with it but is very discouraging. Instead of 5 times a week I am going to exercise 7 if it kills me and maybe I will start loosing again.
  • AJCM
    Options
    Hi Sindy and all... thanks for the support! I'm sticking with it - and trying to stay away from that scale until Monday!!!

Edyta - ugh, that chicory coffee??? I bought the rye & chicory "Bambu" - I just couldn't do it!!! My naturopath tried to get me onto it. Coffee for me is ritual: I grind my beans every morning, enjoy the aroma as it perks, I mean, I LOVE my coffee...

(I have heard that caffeine is a hunger driver, but it is a pleasure in life...)
    :love:
  • Eliyan
    Eliyan Posts: 115
    Options
    Yeah, I noticed that you said you could have eaten a lot more calories than you did to still lose 2 lbs a week. Two lbs a week is the highest end of a general healthy weight loss per week, so if you're eating even less than that, that could be slowing you down. The whole starvation mode thing.

Personally I would try to eat between the amount of calories the computer gives you for 1 lb a week and 2 lbs a week, if you understand that, just to make sure your body is getting what it needs and not stocking up on fat.

And, of course, try not to get too discouraged when it's that time of the month. :tongue:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Re-read your initial post, only translate it. "Ive lost 6 pounds in a month." That is awesome!

Our bodies hate math. And, the less you have to lose, the slower it will go. Also, I gain about five pounds one week a month, so if you didn't GAIN anything in your special lady time, that's practically a loss.

Keep the faith!:flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    Options
    Thanks Viviakay and all!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: