Where do you need it the most?

Options
Obviously, we are all working to become healthier and lose excess body weight, but what are your biggest problem areas?

For me, it's my lower body (legs...especially thighs, and my bum). But my arms really bother me as well. I kinda just feel as I lose weight, my stomach will shrink, while becoming a bit more toned. If I never have great abs, I'll be okay with that.

What type of specific excercise do you do for your problem areas?

Replies

• SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    I wanted it off my stomach so badly but it was the VERY LAST place my body took the fat from.... dammit! :laugh:

Legs and bum changed first and are now solid thanks to running and Elliptical.
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    My tummy...I've had 5 children, all very LARGE babies, and 4 c sections.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Moobs. Pointy-perky little moobs. They'd be cute on a gal, but on me they're just ruining my pecs.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    lol, omgod, CasperO!!! love it.

For me, it's my inner thighs and my arms. My arms always take quite a bit of work, as do my thighs. I've been doing cardio everyday for at least 3 months and my thighs are still as big as ever. BUT I have noticed it's more just at the very top inner part of my thigh...the rest has kind of slimmed down. Still workin' hard on them, though. I try to do a lot of work on them on strength days... I do 8 Minutes to Slim which includes mountain climbers, squats with weights, 2 types of lunges with weights, and I do some moves where I'm on hands and knees, put a 5 lb dumbbell behind my knee and lift my leg back and up, and another where I'm same position but lift my leg OUT to the side and up. Kinda looks like a chicken leg or something, haha!!!
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    My gut, after 2 children and 2 large abdominal surgeries it is my worst area. But it is the area that is shrinking the fastest according to my tape measure.
  • tristan83
    tristan83 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My thighs bother me the most. I think my arms look great and my tummy is flat but these thighs of mine rumble like thunder. :laugh:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    lol, omgod, CasperO!!! love it.

For me, it's my inner thighs and my arms. My arms always take quite a bit of work, as do my thighs. I've been doing cardio everyday for at least 3 months and my thighs are still as big as ever. BUT I have noticed it's more just at the very top inner part of my thigh...the rest has kind of slimmed down. Still workin' hard on them, though. I try to do a lot of work on them on strength days... I do 8 Minutes to Slim which includes mountain climbers, squats with weights, 2 types of lunges with weights, and I do some moves where I'm on hands and knees, put a 5 lb dumbbell behind my knee and lift my leg back and up, and another where I'm same position but lift my leg OUT to the side and up. Kinda looks like a chicken leg or something, haha!!!

I am the exact same my inner upper thigh and my tricpes. I can't tell if that is were I am going to get my loose skin or not. The are the flabiest areas on me. Its kinda strange since I am loosing it from my lower things and my outer things just not my upper inner thing and I have always had decent biceps and calfs.
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Definitely my lower half. My lower abs to I too have had children, 3 to be exact. I am very pleased with the results of my lower half. I have been working my butt off with running, walking at an incline, and elliptical. For strength training (which I think helped the most) I use the quad machine, leg press, hip abduction, hack squats, static lunges, and walking lunges and regular squats with an ab ball. My abs is NOT at a point where I am proud of the results but I am def getting there. I work abs two times a week, will pick it up to three after this week, I use the machine and the ab ball, I try planks every now and again. I am thinking I am going to turn it up a knotch also!
  • leshawnturner
    leshawnturner Posts: 382
    Options
    Definitely my lower half. My lower abs to I too have had children, 3 to be exact. I am very pleased with the results of my lower half. I have been working my butt off with running, walking at an incline, and elliptical. For strength training (which I think helped the most) I use the quad machine, leg press, hip abduction, hack squats, static lunges, and walking lunges and regular squats with an ab ball. My abs is NOT at a point where I am proud of the results but I am def getting there. I work abs two times a week, will pick it up to three after this week, I use the machine and the ab ball, I try planks every now and again. I am thinking I am going to turn it up a knotch also!

What are hack squats???
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Tricepts (I look like a weight lifter with a shirt on. W/out I could probably take flight)
    Upper thighs (inside and front)
    Calfs (size of a football player's)
    Belly (Never had one up until a few years ago. No I cant get it to go away)
  • shellshalla
    shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My problem area is my stomach, love handles...the whole mid section really. As far as legs and arms, they mainly just need toned. I could afford to lose some on my thighs though :)
  • mrsfloisand
    mrsfloisand Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    My mid-section is the worst part on me! My love handles haven't seemed to go down at all since I started loosing weight, and my stomach seems about the same to me too. If I never have a super toned body but its smaller and a little more attractive I'd totally be fine with that.
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    My upper half... torso... chest, back, arms, neck, etc.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    In my advanced strength and conditioning class we were talking about spot reducing and how it's impossible to do and my teacher mentioned something about you usually lose weight in reverse of the way that you gained it. So if you got chubby in your Abs - Legs - Hips it will be the reverse of that.

I've never heard of that before but I thought it was interesting.
  • feeny
    feeny Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    my butt and legs!

my stomach was the last place that got bigger though, and it's the first place that's shrinking. My butt and legs will probably be last in line.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    my butt and legs!

my stomach was the last place that got bigger though, and it's the first place that's shrinking. My butt and legs will probably be last in line.

Hmmm......so perhaps there is some truth to the theory. Anyone else????
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    In my advanced strength and conditioning class we were talking about spot reducing and how it's impossible to do and my teacher mentioned something about you usually lose weight in reverse of the way that you gained it. So if you got chubby in your Abs - Legs - Hips it will be the reverse of that.

I've never heard of that before but I thought it was interesting.

Fabulous. That means I'll tip over.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,732 Member
    Options
    I need it in my belly the most. The good news is that it's getting there!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    My upper half... torso... chest, back, arms, neck, etc.
    :ohwell: Yep make that +1!
    I always said I had a big round pumpkin head. Never expected it would extend to belly fat, back fat, arm fat, chin fat - ugh, chin fat...
    My legs are strong and I :heart: them.
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I'm still working hard on toning my arms and upper thighs (below my butt), butt and quads! They have all shrunk a lot but now I need some definition.