Did my metabolism just spike?

Options

Replies

• tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    The OP weighs 95 lbs! :O
    And is trying to lose weight!? Why!? I still don't understand this!
  • Graphixxz
    Graphixxz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    1 lb is 3500 calories over right? Sounds to me like she gained a tad over 1 lb in her first post. That is once the bloating subsides.
  • pinktiger8
    pinktiger8 Posts: 130
    Options

On paper I may be 95 lb, but if you saw me in person, I actually look 105-110. I carry a lot of weight on my face, stomach, and thighs plus being so short makes me look fatter than I am. I don't like weighing myself so I judge using the mirror.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options

I have small-boned genetics so I don't weigh much. My body works differently.

Have you EVER taken a biology class. Bodies don't just "work differently" like that.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    1 lb is 3500 calories over right? Sounds to me like she gained a tad over 1 lb in her first post. That is once the bloating subsides.

1 lb = 3500 calories, yes. But you burn your BMR based on age, height, weight, bf%, and activity level, so she's not storing all 3500 calories, and wouldn't have gained a pound - especially if she's been undereating so severely with an average of 1050.
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options

On paper I may be 95 lb, but if you saw me in person, I actually look 105-110. I carry a lot of weight on my face, stomach, and thighs plus being so short makes me look fatter than I am. I don't like weighing myself so I judge using the mirror.

Are you doing any resistance exercises? You don't have to lift weights. You can do pushups and situps. Someone your size will see results really fast.

Edit: Okay i saw, you're 5'1 :) Anyway. I personally don't think you need to cut any more weight. you might lose your boobies but the decision is ultimately up to you.
  • pinktiger8
    Options

Are you doing any resistance exercises? You don't have to lift weights. You can do pushups and situps. Someone your size will see results really fast. How tall are you?

Results to look thin in the face? I'm 5'1
  • AbsoluteNG
    Options

Are you doing any resistance exercises? You don't have to lift weights. You can do pushups and situps. Someone your size will see results really fast. How tall are you?

Results to look thin in the face? I'm 5'1

I know what you can do to look thin in the face but im going to get flamed for this if I post it in public so ill pm you.
  • pinktiger8
    Options
    Okay I totally forgot. My profile pic of my body was about a year ago. Guess my body weight there.

When I reveal my answer, it will show that my weight isn't proportionate to how I actually look.
  • AbsoluteNG
    Options
    Okay I totally forgot. My profile pic of my body was about a year ago. Guess my body weight there.

When I reveal my answer, it will show that my weight isn't proportionate to how I actually look.

90 pounds?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Severely restricting increases water retention. Having a 'refeed' releases that water weight much of the time. You would not have seen any appreciable impact on your metabolism which was then immediately apparent on the scale in that short a time.
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Posts like this are the reson i try to stay out of the forums... Utter ridiculousness, half assed knowledge and just .. well, absurd waste of time.... I have so much i could counter with... but instead i am just going to back the hell out of here... Ugh
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Bumping because I want to know the OP's weight in the profile pic (which looks pretty healthy to me).

I find all the stuff about eating less and longevity fascinating, but I do worry that it is open to abuse as an excuse to severely undereat.
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    Seriously OP, maybe try and think about accepting yourself as you are or try some body recomposition rather than further weight loss, as purely judging from your profile you do not need to lose any weight. You already look very thin.

I do not like this trend that seems to be going on in MFP right now. Young women who are already very thin asking for advice on how to lose weight. You need to change your thinking, not your weight. Train, lift weights, eat well, but stop obsessing about imagined fat on your *kitten* that just isn't there. Life is too short to waste the best years of your life worrying about things that aren't there.
  • bluebusgirl
    Options
    That's what I was thinking.
  • skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    I have nothing to add ... just want to keep up with the thread. so BUMP.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Spiking your metabolism by eating 700 calories some days?

Wouldn't count on it...but hey, crazier things have happened.

...95 pounds and trying to lose? Girl, I'm your height and 98...I avoid losing any weight in order to avoid looking anemic.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the time you took to copy/paste all this but I asked for more information on the benefits of under eating, not of intermittent fasting. OP is averaging 1050 calories a day, while already underweight.
    Also did you notice how many times the word "may" was used while referencing possible benefits of IF? That "may" usually means that the research was inconclusive.

Okay, than what will happen to her if she continues to eat at 1000 calories granted that one day she eats at maintenance and the next she goes half that? Do you have any studies that says averaging 1000 calories will kill her or maybe a paper to starvation mode? I don't know what you are trying to get at by pointing that out. I however, managed to pull up a lot of studies, while the jury "may" still be out on that research. At least one of the research papers has the backing of 22 hospitals. What do you have?

I don't really think that was a jab at IF.

Any of the supposed benefits one gets from IF will be inconsequential if one isn't getting the proper fuel and nutrients to produce hormones such as HGH and IGF1.

OP I have zero problem with IF as it appears to work for alot of people (not me I can't go 2 hours without shoving something in my face) I just wish you'd bump your intake up a bit. Also, from looking at your profile picture I think that you're already quite thin. My suggestion would be to eat at maintenance and strength train to improve your body composition.
  • AbsoluteNG
    Options
    I appreciate the time you took to copy/paste all this but I asked for more information on the benefits of under eating, not of intermittent fasting. OP is averaging 1050 calories a day, while already underweight.
    Also did you notice how many times the word "may" was used while referencing possible benefits of IF? That "may" usually means that the research was inconclusive.

Okay, than what will happen to her if she continues to eat at 1000 calories granted that one day she eats at maintenance and the next she goes half that? Do you have any studies that says averaging 1000 calories will kill her or maybe a paper to starvation mode? I don't know what you are trying to get at by pointing that out. I however, managed to pull up a lot of studies, while the jury "may" still be out on that research. At least one of the research papers has the backing of 22 hospitals. What do you have?

I don't really think that was a jab at IF.

Any of the supposed benefits one gets from IF will be inconsequential if one isn't getting the proper fuel and nutrients to produce hormones such as HGH and IGF1.

OP I have zero problem with IF as it appears to work for alot of people (not me I can't go 2 hours without shoving something in my face) I just wish you'd bump your intake up a bit. Also, from looking at your profile picture I think that you're already quite thin. My suggestion would be to eat at maintenance and strength train to improve your body composition.

Yeah, I didn't realize she was 95 pounds until page 2. :)