Dessert blowout and eating under cals the next day?

Options
Hi Everyone,

Seeking some advice - definately over ate last night :-/ and instead of doing my usual oh well I've blown it now, this day/week is ruined I'll start again on Monday....I thought I would just try restrict my cals today and tomorrow by 1-200 cals to make up for it and hopefully still have a decent calorie deficit for the week.

Thoughts? Advice Please?

Replies

• Schann7
    Schann7 Posts: 218
    Options
    I'm in the exact same boat today! I'd love to know thoughts as well :)
  • majasmi
    majasmi Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt restrict the cals the next day. just treat each day as a brand new day to start again. dont need to punish yourself for the days before. ;)
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    As long your weekly cals avg out then you are okay.
  • Project_Jodie
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one Schannn7 - so good at the time - regretted it a bit after!

Oh well back to it - hopefully some wise people will give us some good advice :)
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I have done this before with no problems besides maybe a little hunger. ;) As long as your calories even themselves out you should be fine...it is similar to calorie cycling!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what I'm doing today.
    I had a huge blow out last night - really huge.
    Today I had a whole rockmelon for lunch. No breakfast.
    I will probably have a Cesar salad for dinner when I go out tonight.
    I'm not really very hungry anyway today.
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Whenever I go over my calories I just go back to normal the next day. Maybe work out a little harder the next day.
  • daxnine
    daxnine Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i did the same thing. and felt really guilty all day even though it was during one of my "cheat" meals. went way beyond what i planned to eat.

in theory, though, i agree with the poster who said that every day is a new day. just try to let go of the guilt and get back on track. good luck.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I did the exact same thing today! Damn snickers milkshake.... :grumble:

I wouldn't restrict too harshly the very next day, at the most maybe just reduce your intake by 300 cals over the next few days. That way you don't feel like you're punishing yourself, but it all still evens out in the end.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't sweat going over by 200 cals but if you want to cut back 200 cals tomorrow that's fine too.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I eat 1500 calories Monday to Thursday so I can eat between 1800 and 2500 on weekends.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Whenever I go over my calories I just go back to normal the next day. Maybe work out a little harder the next day.

This is kind of along the lines of what I was going to say.
    I wouldn't cut back extra calories as restricting to much can have repercussions. Instead make it a goal to burn an extra couple hundred calories more for the next couple days.

Edited to fix spelling errors caused by stupid autocorrect.
  • kaylabrose
    Options

I wouldn't restrict too harshly the very next day, at the most maybe just reduce your intake by 300 cals over the next few days. That way you don't feel like you're punishing yourself, but it all still evens out in the end.

Holy ****. What does a snickers milkshake taste like? :O

edit : i guess that's a bit of a silly question ;)
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all the responses so someone probably said this by now, but look at a weekly average of calories instead of just strictly day by day. So some less tomorrow and some less the next day will balance it out.

And remember, you are already in a deficit so 200 extra calories is still weight loss area, not gain.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options

It was pretty much a big creamy frozen Snickersey org*sm in my mouth.

You asked, I answered. :happy:
  • bigcle82
    bigcle82 Posts: 134 Member
    Options

This is kind of along the lines of what I was going to say.
    I wouldn't cut back extra calories as restricting to much can have repercussions. Instead make it a goal to burn an extra couple hundred calories more for the next couple days.

Edited to fix spelling errors caused by stupid autocorrect.
    I agree, the next day is a new day and the day before is in the past.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

It was pretty much a big creamy frozen Snickersey org*sm in my mouth.

You asked, I answered. :happy:

that's hot
  • Schann7
    Schann7 Posts: 218
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one Schannn7 - so good at the time - regretted it a bit after!

Oh well back to it - hopefully some wise people will give us some good advice :)

I ate some pasta with an alfredo sauce I made for dinner as a side dish.. I didn't even think about checking the calories before I made/ate it... I had no idea how many calories cream had!!! Let's just say.. I went over by 1,000 calories! My dinner was a whopping 2,000 caloires alone! Would have only been 500 without that damn pasta I made! NEVER AGAIN! :angry: I think I am just going to start over today.... I don't think I can restrict 1,000 calories in a day! haha. I am going to start averaging out my calories over the week though.. starting today!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't intentionally go under in that situation, but I might feel less hungry than usual and eat a little less.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You are already on low calories, you do not need to be restricting them further