Stumped

Options
I'm actually posting this about my partner because I want to help her the in her weight loss goal but I'm stumped. We eat all real foods and avoid anything out of a can or box. Over the past two years she consumes around 1200-1400 calories a day, runs or bikes for an hour 4-6 times a week and has a very active job. However, she hasn't lost any weight. She has 47% body fat, hopes to lose 75 pounds and also has diabetes. I calculated her TDEE and weight loss goal through another post I saw on here and it estimates that she should be eating 1,926 calories a day. My question is: What is a healthy way for her to up her calories as a diabetic and is that what she really needs to do?

Replies

• nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    go to a doctor and nutritionist. seriously. she has diabetes. no one here has any actionable advice for something so serious.
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    go to a doctor and nutritionist. seriously. she has diabetes. no one here has any actionable advice for something so serious.

I agree.

a quote I hope it helps

"Do not be discouraged by who you are at present. Be motivated by who you WILL become in the future"
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    I'm actually posting this about my partner because I want to help her the in her weight loss goal but I'm stumped. We eat all real foods and avoid anything out of a can or box. Over the past two years she consumes around 1200-1400 calories a day, runs or bikes for an hour 4-6 times a week and has a very active job. However, she hasn't lost any weight. She has 47% body fat, hopes to lose 75 pounds and also has diabetes. I calculated her TDEE and weight loss goal through another post I saw on here and it estimates that she should be eating 1,926 calories a day. My question is: What is a healthy way for her to up her calories as a diabetic and is that what she really needs to do?

Try eating 20% below TDEE for at least 2 months, if still no weight loss, then yes maybe seek medical help? Also are you sure she is only eating that? She may eat when she is away from you, unless you are together 24/7 it's hard to say for sure how much someone is eating. Do you weigh measure everything (drinks, sauces etc)