Low sugar recipes

NikkiDerrig386
NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
So I have trouble keeping my sugar from going over. I noticed that I am not alone so I think we should share some low cal and low sugar recipes!!

Replies

• NikkiDerrig386
    OMG this sounds amazing!

Thai Chicken Pizza:

Serves: 6
    Total Time: 35 min
    Prep Time: 10 min
    Cook Time: 25 min

20 ounce(s) prepared whole-wheat pizza dough
    1/4 cup(s) smooth natural peanut butter
    3 tablespoon(s) water
    2 teaspoon(s) reduced-sodium soy sauce
    2 teaspoon(s) rice vinegar
    2 teaspoon(s) minced fresh ginger
    1 clove(s) garlic, minced
    1 teaspoon(s) canola oil
    8 ounce(s) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1 red bell pepper
    4 scallions, thinly sliced
    2/3 cup(s) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

1.Place oven rack in the lowest position; preheat to 450 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
    2.Roll out or stretch dough on a lightly floured surface into a rough 16-inch oval. Transfer to the baking sheet. Bake on the bottom rack until puffed and lightly crisped on the bottom, 8 to 10 minutes.
    3.Meanwhile, whisk peanut butter, water, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger and garlic in a small bowl until well combined.
    4.Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring, until cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add bell pepper, scallions and 1 tablespoon of the peanut sauce to the chicken; toss to combine.
    5.Remove the crust from the oven; spread evenly with the remaining peanut sauce. Top with the chicken mixture, then sprinkle with cheese. Return the pizza to the oven and bake on the bottom rack until the crust is crispy and golden and the cheese is melted, 11 to 13 minutes.
  • NikkiDerrig386
    Pizza Frittata

Prep Time: 25 minutes
    Total Time: 25 minutesIngredients:
    •12 eggs
    •2 T water (can use milk, cream, or half and half as desired)
    •3 T olive oil
    •2 medium green peppers (2 1/2 inches X 2 3/4 inches), chopped
    •8 oz mushrooms, sliced
    •4 oz pepperoni, chopped (I buy the presliced kind which makes it really easy)
    •2 teaspoons oregano
    •4 cloves garlic
    •salt and peppers
    •8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
    •1 cup sugar-free pasta sauce
    Preparation:
    1. Heat oil in large nonstick ovenproof skillet.

2. Saute green peppers, mushrooms, and pepperoni for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook another minute. Add oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir well.

3. Whisk eggs and liquid together. Add more salt and pepper. Add mixture to pan.

4. Mix egg mixture as it cooks, so cooked "curds" are distributed throughout. In about 2-3 minutes, it should be have enough "body" to float some pasta sauce on the top. Do so, and then add the cheese.

5. Put the frittata under the broiler to brown the top. By this point, the eggs should be cooked through. Check. If they aren't, turn the oven down to 300 and give it a couple of minutes more.

Nutritional Information: Each of 6 servings contains 7 grams usable carbohydrate plus 2 grams fiber, 21 grams protein, and 344 calories. no sugar
This discussion has been closed.