Is this gonna be foreverrrrrrr??

Options
Nikki_WantsIt
Nikki_WantsIt Posts: 204 Member
While I LOVE being healthier and giving a ****oky...
It also sucks to think that even after I get to my goal weight, I'll still have to eat like this... or I'll gain it all back.
AND THAT AINT GONNA HAPPEN..
Sometimes I really miss being able to eat whatever the heck I want, and it doesn't help that I have a husband who can eat a whole grocery store and not gain an ounce. :noway:

Replies

• elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    maybe he does a lot of activity and really doesn't eat as much as you think?
  • Nikki_WantsIt
    Nikki_WantsIt Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    He does work his *kitten* off.. loading hundreds and hundreds of tires on and off trucks all day long.. but still, he can eat whatever the hell he wants.. even if he DIDNT work like that.. lol
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    He does work his *kitten* off.. loading hundreds and hundreds of tires on and off trucks all day long.. but still, he can eat whatever the hell he wants.. even if he DIDNT work like that.. lol

'can eat whatever the hell he wants' isn't forever. My bro was like that. Wrecked his shoulder, stopped playing hockey, put on like 30kg and couldnt work out why. It catches up with them in the end...you'll be a healthy old lady and he'll be watching you thinking 'dammit!'
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school then college, I could eat all day long and not gain weight. I was actually trying to gain weight and not making much progress. Back then I was so active that I probably needed to eat more than 3000 calories a day to gain weight. That was then, today I'm here counting calories...
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Take it from someone who has been at their goal weight for 25 years, you'll have to work HARDER as you get older. If you think it's tough now just wait. I'm 45 5'11 170 lbs....I was 165 in high school. My comfortable weight is between 165-175.

However, it's a price that's worth paying. As they say, "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels". I like the way I look, I'm not restricted in what I can do, and my doctor is happy.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy life. I go out to some of the best restaurants in town and have drinks with my friends a lot. We spent a week in Mexico at a swim up bar drinking tequila. I just work it off. Last year I ran 2 half-marathons, a full marathon and the warrior dash. Completed 2 jillian michaels DVDs. Took circuit training classes. If you want to enjoy the good life you have to be willing put in the work.