Mozzarella-Stuffed Turkey Burgers

Options
lvfunandfit
lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
These are amazing. I used the Trader Joe's marinara though and I served with baked sweet potato fries and spinach sauteed with olive oil and garlic and some red wine. I didn't put mine on a bun!

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/mozzarella_stuffed_turkey_burgers.html

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm going to make these without the scallions... yum!

~Leash :heart:
  • littletiger972000
    Options
    Bump!
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    bump
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Yum! And I :heart: sweet potato fries.

Just one thing -- I'll take the 20-30 extra calories to have 96% lean ground beef over ground turkey any day. Ground turkey gives me the willies. :laugh: And, unless you get 99% lean ground turkey (which, IME, is more expensive than 96% lean ground beef!), it has more calories, more fat, and less protein than the 96% lean beef!
  • shellshalla
    shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    Options

Just one thing -- I'll take the 20-30 extra calories to have 96% lean ground beef over ground turkey any day. Ground turkey gives me the willies. :laugh: And, unless you get 99% lean ground turkey (which, IME, is more expensive than 96% lean ground beef!), it has more calories, more fat, and less protein than the 96% lean beef!
    Did not know that,can't wait to tell my wife this,I hate Turkey everything!!!
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Yummy!
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options

you can have lean ground beef if you'd like. I don't eat red meat except on rare occasions. It doesn't agree with me.... I prefer the taste and texture of ground turkey. I bet they are just as good with ground beef! Give it a try!
  • rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    Options
    bump
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    Can't wait to try these.......yum!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    you can have lean ground beef if you'd like. I don't eat red meat except on rare occasions. It doesn't agree with me.... I prefer the taste and texture of ground turkey. I bet they are just as good with ground beef! Give it a try!

Oh I will! :wink: And I didn't mean anything by it -- I know people eat ground turkey & chicken for various reasons other than nutrition (I was a vegetarian for 5 years and didn't eat red meat again until after I had been eating poultry for 2 years. Still can't eat pork.).

I just thought I'd mention it so that those people who would prefer beef don't blindly think that ground turkey is automatically better for them nutritionally. :smile: