New Mom Needs Support!

Erin_robinson
Erin_robinson Posts: 4
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
I'm new here. If any of you moms out there want to adopt me, then great! I just had my boy 3 months ago. I am still in my fat prego pants and I feel so gross. I'm a stay-at-home mom and need help resisting temptation to munch all day long!

Also, I have a history of eating-disorder behavior. About 5 years ago I went to treatment and am now able to say I am doing well again. I would like to meet others on here who are healthy motivators, possibly in my same boat. I am trying my hardest to avoid falling in the hole I was in before.

I am open-minded and chill and would love to make some buds!

Replies

• Welcome! Congrats on the baby .. you will have all the support you can handle and more around here :)
  • WELCOME and LOVE your quote! That is SO true! I love quotes..:flowerforyou:
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Congrats on the baby boy! And welcome to MFP.. You came to the right place for support.. and although support can only go so far, we all know that you can do this the healthy "right" way. Just keep focused.. And keep going.. Good luck on your journey.. love and light. xo
  • AbiLuV
    AbiLuV Posts: 47
    Congratulations on your new addition!!! I am planning on starting my family next year and want to be in the best shape possible before and during so it is easier to get back after. Try keeping precut celery sticks, bell peppers and baby carrots in the house. That way at least you are healthy snacking. I dip mine in hummus and Baby Bell soft cheese wedges(light swiss).
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Congrats on your little baby boy!!! I'm a "newish" mom...I have two girls almost 2 and almost 4! I commend you for getting here ASAP, I waited until my "baby" was 18 months!!!

I'll add you as a friend! I have a lot of new mom's in my network :)
  • Welcome aboard and congrats on the new baby!
  • 30togomoveit
    30togomoveit Posts: 116 Member
    Welcome!

After I had my first son, 9 yrs ago, I wore my maternity clothes for 9 months later! I think back and it still boggles my mind! I still didn't commit to lose the weight until 2 1/2 yrs later!

When I had my twins (b/g) 4 yrs ago, I vowed I'd go back to my WW meetings right away. I did so 8 days after their birth! ;) I stayed the same for awhile while adjusting to life w/ 3! It was not easy and then something clicked and I started to lose again! I lost about 25 lbs and was close to my goal.

Once they turned 2, I went backwards again and I'm still up 15 lbs so I have kept off 10 of that 25 loss! . Age 2-3 for me is very tough emotionally so I am just now getting back to committing to doing this for ME! No one else is going to do it!

I need to plan my meals and exercise (so a schedule of sorts) ahead of time or I do not do well! My hardest time of day is 3pm so I also make a conscious effort to plan a snack that will hold me over until dinner!

You need to make time for you, even if you have to ask someone for help w/ the baby, get dinner started (if you choose to exercise at night), or whatever it may be. Being a Mom is THE HARDEST JOB I have ever had! We can't do it alone..or it is tough to anyway!

Good luck to you and take it day by day or meal by meal if that's what it takes! :flowerforyou:
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Welcome! I'm a mom of two girls (3 and 16 months). Being a mommy is the best thing ever! It took me a year after each baby to get back to my pre preggo weight... but I still have toning to do. After my first I was in maternity clothes for 4-5 months (BLECK). After my 2nd I got rid of my maternity clothes 6 weeks after I had the baby. I refused to let them be a available! I got back into running as soon as I felt well (I took them in the jogging stroller) and went back to the gym at 5 weeks.

For snacks, I always keep 1% cottage cheese, non fat greek yogurt, eggs (for egg white omelets), hummus and lots of veggies and fruit in the fridge. There are a ton of great recipes here, at www.sparkrecipes.com, www.hungrygirl.com, and www.eatingwell.com

Congrats on your baby boy!!!
  • mostein
    mostein Posts: 200 Member
    Congratulations on your baby and on your goals to get back in shape but at the same time being healthy. I had a baby almost 2 years ago (wonderful little girl!) and prior to that had a long history of anorexia. I still struggle to try and maintain the balance of a healthy lifestyle while not falling into the trap of an eating disorder. It can be difficult. My last stint in treatment was almost 4 years ago. Life is a journey from birth to death. We are thrown obstacles i.e. eating disorders and baby weight during this journey and part of the life process is maneuvering our way around them. Something that I really enjoyed while on maternity leave was taking mom and baby exercise classes like strollercize and salsa babies. It was a great workout that I was able to enjoy with my baby and also allowed me to meet other moms. It was a non-competitive environment and it got me out of the house for a bit. While on maternity leave I was able to lose all my baby weight but since going back to work I have gained back a few pounds. I would like to lose these pounds but what I am trying to focus on more is just getting in great shape for myself. I want to be a healthy role model for my daughter and hope that she never goes through the struggle of an eating disorder that I did. Good luck and keep in touch!
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Welcome to MFP! Congrats on the baby boy! I am a sahm too I have 7 children from 9 yrs to 8 mo. I fight wanting to eat all day too. However with me nursing I do require more than the average. If you would like to add me as a friend I would love to support you on your journey!
  • FoxyD
    FoxyD Posts: 9 Member
    I'm losing the baby fat too! My girl is 20 months now and it's taken me this long to get myself motivated.....but i'm ready to go!

Moms need to stick together!! Good luck and stay focused!
This discussion has been closed.