Recipes?!

Options
Anyone know a good breakfast recipe?
Id like to make something that isn't complicated, my whole family can enjoy, and healthy for me.
Any ideas? I'm open to try just about anything!

Replies

• _Brown_Eyed_Girl_
    _Brown_Eyed_Girl_ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You should check out skinnytaste.com. She has TONS of excellent recipes that are easy to follow and very healthy.
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    If you don't have any dietary restrictions, scrambled eggs with added "stuff" (onion, finely chopped broccoli, a bit of bacon or nearly anything else you have laying about) is a pretty easy and healthy breakfast and requires no special recipe. If you have more time, or want to put it together the night before, "strata" starts with a baking pan "filled" with shreds of bread (or bread-like stuff), second step is adding "other things" - vegetables, cheese, small bits of meat over the top of the bread, pour an egg and milk (or cream) mixture over the top. Let it sit in the fridge overnight if you wish and bake in the morning until a table knife inserted in the middle comes up "clean" (this is a variation on egg custard and/or quiche. Pancakes (in moderation) are perfectly healthy (serve with fruit to improve healthfulness). Besan Cheela (not sure of spelling) is an Indian pancake made with chickpea flour and savory seasonings. No reason it couldn't be cooked for breakfast.