Should I change my amount of calories?

vanessaxlynne
vanessaxlynne Posts: 67
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Everyday it seems by dinner time I have 580 something calories left! Then I wind up going over...I dont get it. I dont want to change my calorie intake, I mean Im not left hungry or anything at bedtime, but I ALWAYS seem to be left with that much..

Maybe I need to change my lunch up? Eat less?? I dont know..

Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do???

also-I dont have a food scale yet, should be coming in the mail within a few days, is there a way to figure out how many oz of meat I can log for my calories I ate? Like yesterday I had 2 homemade country style ribs. I couldnt figure out how many oz that was and overestimated to play "safe"

Replies

• Lunch is suppose to be one of the smallest meals you eat. is what i heard i eat about 230 to 300 for breakfast and 200 for for lunch on avg. I have nothing but diet food in my house so its alittle easier. but i dont eat to big of dinner either. thats on a 1200 cal intake
  • Ahh I never knew that. Well I eat on avg about 200 calorie for breakfast and about 300-400 for lunch (I think)..

I need some ideas for a light but filling lunch..

got any?
  • tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    Everyday it seems by dinner time I have 580 something calories left! Then I wind up going over...I dont get it. I dont want to change my calorie intake, I mean Im not left hungry or anything at bedtime, but I ALWAYS seem to be left with that much..

Maybe I need to change my lunch up? Eat less?? I dont know..

Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do???

also-I dont have a food scale yet, should be coming in the mail within a few days, is there a way to figure out how many oz of meat I can log for my calories I ate? Like yesterday I had 2 homemade country style ribs. I couldnt figure out how many oz that was and overestimated to play "safe"
    Rule of thumb is to eat Breakfast like a King,lunch like a Prince,and dinner like a Pauper.

As far as the weight on the meat,you can figure a pretty healthy portion is between 4 and 6 oz.
  • tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    I thought Lunch should be the biggest meal and dinner the smallest? I usually have about 400 calorie dinner and then some fruit for dessert. I really would like to know this though, because I have read a lot that dinner should not be your biggest meal...
    [/qu

Rule of thumb is to eat Breakfast like a King,lunch like a Prince,and dinner like a Pauper.
    ote]
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member

[/quote]
    I have heard this too. I don't follow it, mainly because I don't feel hungry in the mornings.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    I always have lunch as my biggest meal, breakfast and dinner are on the lighter side. Mainly because I work out around 5pm so I need a decent lunch to have the energy for it. Then I'm usually not starving after my workout, so I'll eat a lighter dinner and have a small snack before bed. It's worked well for me, I don't exercise well if I don't eat a large enough lunch. I'll get woozy.. no good.
This discussion has been closed.