Insanity - Day 3/60

Options
HOLY.CRAP is all I have to say! My arms are STILL shaking and I've been done for 10 minutes now. I couldn't even finish the whole workout. My legs were SOO weak and giving out on me. I also had to pause many times just to be able to catch my breath. Whew!!! AND I felt like throwing up a few times. HOWEVER...I'm only gonna get stronger from here on out! Plyometrics Cardio Circuit DONE!

Add me if you're doing Insanity, have already done it, thinking about doing it or you just wanna follow my journey!!! Or if you just need some support!!! :) B/c I could ALWAYS use support as well. :)

Replies

• sammyf147
    Options
    Hey Melissa, On day 13 today (not sure if that is an omen or not). Would not say it gets easier as have found that as you progress and get better at the exercises you can then work harder. Have found though that you do get stronger quickly. Enjoying it and the challenge but is tough for sure. Got myself some calorie free isotonic style drinks as struggle to rehydrate afterwards otherwise. next fit test due Monday so will see how that goes. So far have not really lost any weight which is part of my purpose but hoping as I progress this will eventually happen. On some review or other I read something along the lines of if you like exercising in a pool of your own sweat then this is the workout for you!! Not too far from the truth.

Do you post each day?
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    It doesn't get easier..LOL.. at least not for me..just finished 4th week.. I have only lost 2lbs can but there are some body changes.. I hear month is where it all happens so I am anxiously waiting..
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Finished my 8th week. One more week to go for me. It certainly doesn't get easier. if anything, it just gets harder - but you do get better! That is the beauty of Insanity - you can push yourself to your limits, no matter how good you are!!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Finished my 8th week. One more week to go for me. It certainly doesn't get easier. if anything, it just gets harder - but you do get better! That is the beauty of Insanity - you can push yourself to your limits, no matter how good you are!!

what kind of results have you seen and when? Me and my neighbor are comparing so far not much happening but we haven't given up.
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I am currently on day 9 of Insanity and I know how you feel. Feel free to add me. I need all the motivation I can get with this program.
  • jabrock9
    jabrock9 Posts: 65
    Options
    You can definitely add me as well. I'm starting my 8th week of Insanity on Monday, but then I'm planning on doing a hybrid of either Insanity/p90x or Insanity/les mills. I'm close to my goal weight now, but it hasn't always been that way. I lost 85 pounds between getting married and having my daughter, 40 pounds of baby weight after her and 75 pounds after I had my son. I did it on my own with eating right and exercising, and Insanity helped me break a plateau I'd been on for months. I love the program. More friends to help motivate each other is always a good thing.
  • MelissaOnPurpose
    MelissaOnPurpose Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hey Melissa, On day 13 today (not sure if that is an omen or not). Would not say it gets easier as have found that as you progress and get better at the exercises you can then work harder. Have found though that you do get stronger quickly. Enjoying it and the challenge but is tough for sure. Got myself some calorie free isotonic style drinks as struggle to rehydrate afterwards otherwise. next fit test due Monday so will see how that goes. So far have not really lost any weight which is part of my purpose but hoping as I progress this will eventually happen. On some review or other I read something along the lines of if you like exercising in a pool of your own sweat then this is the workout for you!! Not too far from the truth.

Do you post each day?

Hi! :) Not an omen! I'm really looking forward to being able to complete the workout! I really am excited about it but man oh man, it makes it hard to WANT to do it! ;) Weight loss is my purpose in doing Insanity as well. I will send you a message with a couple questions about nutrition. Uh, yeah, that is perfect...Exercise in a pool of your own sweat! HA!

Do I post where every day? On the message boards? On my profile? I have actually decided to start documenting my journey on FB. If you're interested, send me a message and I'll give you the link! :)
  • apurvis
    apurvis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had to stop due to twerking a shoulder injury. Hopefulyl after some PT with the doctor I can re-start it. Insanity is great though. That's where I lost a lot of my weight when I first started. now I'm struggling to lose anything but noticed I'm gaining muscle. :/
  • Dragonleg
    Options
    Keep with it! Finished it and the biggest changes in my body happened after week 7.
    The first month you will add muscle, so your weight may not change. It is simply getting you in shape for month 2.
    It is hard to explain how brutal and awesome it is at the same time.
    I had never done any kind of workout before. I have never seen my abs before. It was a miracle.

Good luck!
  • jlw1cc
    jlw1cc Posts: 6
    Options
    I've just finished week 3 - and am surprising myself each day by getting up at ridiculous-o'clock to do this before work!

Keep at it, it is so hard and there are times where I think I will collapse in heap halfway through, but it is so satisfying to get to the end of the workout, even if it with stopping and starting (or in my case modifying some of the exercises as the real high impact stuff is an issue for one of my knees).

We've stuck the insanity calendar on the fridge so we can cross off each day, and we're almost to the point where there are more days 'done' than 'to do' - which is nice to see, but also a little reminder of the hard work each time I open the fridge :-)

Good luck!
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options

what kind of results have you seen and when? Me and my neighbor are comparing so far not much happening but we haven't given up.

Results won't happen when you don't pay attention to your nutrition. This is really the biggest part of the program. I've noticed great results all throughout the program, but losing inches really picked up in the second month. Also paired it with good nutrition! I've lost at least 6.5 lbs, but I haven't weighed myself in a couple of weeks so I don't know what weigh now, but I do know that I have lost inches, my clothes are getting super loose!
  • MelissaOnPurpose
    MelissaOnPurpose Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I had to stop due to twerking a shoulder injury. Hopefulyl after some PT with the doctor I can re-start it. Insanity is great though. That's where I lost a lot of my weight when I first started. now I'm struggling to lose anything but noticed I'm gaining muscle. :/

Hey, it happens! At least you're keeping a positive attitude about it. Ya know? When do you start PT? What are your plans in the meantime?
  • sammyf147
    sammyf147 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi ya sorry just getting a chance to catch up this morning would love the blog link if you can send. Hope all going well with insanity finish week 3 today (ignoring night off last night for hubbies birthday!) cannot believe I have got this far and looking forward to the next few weeks.