I KNOW what I am doing wrong....

I have been here almost a year now and I have made next to no progress. I have done well for about of week exerising, eating better, but once I start to realize this is going to take actual work I stop. I will log my food during the day all carefully making sure to stick to macros then once night hits I am mindlessly shoveling garbage in my mouth! This is no ones fault but my own. I am tierd of this self sabatoge. I am tierd of giving up on myself. NO MORE! Do I really want to be that 220 pound girl again that crys as she shovels icecream in her mouth? Or do I want to own up to the fact that I have let myself slip and get myself back in gear. I am posting this so that I know I done. All my dirty laundry out in the air so to speak. No more candy coating it or not logging something because I am embarassed it went in my mouth. DONE!

Replies

• mybigfat
    mybigfat Posts: 162 Member
    sounds like you are at least owning up for it... You know this kind of feeling is what made me decide i needed to lose weight in the first place
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Yeah I suppose thats something it felt good to get it off my chest I do feel better actually
  • mybigfat
    mybigfat Posts: 162 Member
    I hope you dont just beat yourself up that you do actually work on this and you made me more mindful that this might happen to me
  • meeper123
    I am trying not to. Its not like I ate a kitten just need to stop doing stupid things I know is anti productive
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Congrats on your journey AGAIN! I hope this time around it'll work out better for you!
    I started at 170 lbs and although I did not hate myself, I was in denial, until one day I realized... eww, where the hell did all of this fat come from? Why are my pants so tight? OMG, I can't fit into my favorite shorts anymore!
    NOW I am still 15 lbs from my goal weight, but I feel absolutely amazing and confident and I wish this feeling upon you as well! Welcome Back & Good Luck! :bigsmile:
  • chrissi024
    chrissi024 Posts: 12 Member
    Sounds like your taking the first real step to losing weight for good. You've realized your problem and what it takes to get where you want. Being honest about the work will help keep you on track. Keep focused on your goal and realize that it really is not that hard to obtain. I have been at it for at least 3 months now and time has flown. Track calories, exercise and dont beat yourself up if you have a messed up day because its going to happen.
  • meeper123
    thats true I will def be thinking carefully about everything I eat and why I am doing it
  • FindingFit127
    FindingFit127 Posts: 69 Member
    I have been here almost a year now and I have made next to no progress. I have done well for about of week exerising, eating better, but once I start to realize this is going to take actual work I stop. I will log my food during the day all carefully making sure to stick to macros then once night hits I am mindlessly shoveling garbage in my mouth! This is no ones fault but my own. I am tierd of this self sabatoge. I am tierd of giving up on myself. NO MORE! Do I really want to be that 220 pound girl again that crys as she shovels icecream in her mouth? Or do I want to own up to the fact that I have let myself slip and get myself back in gear. I am posting this so that I know I done. All my dirty laundry out in the air so to speak. No more candy coating it or not logging something because I am embarassed it went in my mouth. DONE!
    this sounds exactly like me.. when i first joined MFP i weighed 156 and lost 20 lbs and got down to 136 within 6 weeks.. all this was about a year ago.. then i started doing exactly.. and i mean exactly what you described and now im at 168 lbs and im pretty short.. if i gain 2 more pounds id be considered obese for my height on the bmi chart. i even weigh more then what i weighed when i was 9 monthes pregnant with my son! :( i definitely feel like i'm an emotional eater and thats something im trying to work on.. feel free to add me if you'd like and maybe we could help motivate eachother to stay on track!
  • meeper123
    this sounds exactly like me.. when i first joined MFP i weighed 156 and lost 20 lbs and got down to 136 within 6 weeks.. all this was about a year ago.. then i started doing exactly.. and i mean exactly what you described and now im at 168 lbs and im pretty short.. if i gain 2 more pounds id be considered obese for my height on the bmi chart. i even weigh more then what i weighed when i was 9 monthes pregnant with my son! :( i definitely feel like i'm an emotional eater and thats something im trying to work on.. feel free to add me if you'd like and maybe we could help motivate eachother to stay on track!

I dont want to go backwards. I will def add you. I know we can do this
  • WOW! These sound exactly like the thoughts that go through my mind. I'm always thinking am I working out enough. I try to tell my self sometimes that I can eat a little bit of junk because I'm gonna workout later anyways and burn it off, when it doesn't really and shouldn't work like that. I too started off at 220-225. There's nothing really that anyone can say to you that will get you motivated because when you are alone you have to be able to control it all alone ):
    For me I literally was tired of being over weight, sweating with the slightest bit of movement, being slower than my teammates, always feeling fatigued, not sleeping well, I feel like it even affected my allergies. I knew I had to start somewhere.
    I started slowwww, tweaking the way I ate, saying no more often, then gave my grocery list a permanent make over, if you don't bring it home or go out to get it you cant eat it( don't bring ice cream home), Packing my own meals EVERYDAY, then I started working out, more, and more and more. I am now gonna try and do a personal training session every week, learn as much as I can and hold myself accountable for my goals. Its all still a work in progress.
    What helped me the most to be honest is two things. My parents both have diabetes as do many other family members, that will not be me. Second, a coworker of mine also started losing weight and so in my head I made it a competition, I am very competitive.

You are not far from the right track, you're here on this app, reaching out. Talk to friends and family about it. Make it real. Start slow, it is not necessary to jump in and make a huge change all at once. Put up notes on the fridge to remind yourself "ARE YOU HUNGRY OR BORED OR THIRSTY?" "DRINK WATER" "FOOD IS FOR FUEL, NOT YOUR FEELINGS"

Contact me anytime you need a little something, I'm no expert but we are on the same journey. Make a competition with me, I'm always up for another challenge.

Rachael
    Rmariecarman@gmail.com
  • meeper123
    thanks rachel. :) I think it sounds like you made it a bit of a game I like games :) Part of the reason I am in this mess i would rather play my ps3 or somputer games for hours than anything else and thats just not healthy I like your idea for the fridge a lot in fact I am going to get some paper lol
  • Awesome! I have things all over the house, my family thinks its ridiculous. Good Luck!
  • meeper123
    Lol thanks i think i made a break through i feel way better