40 more lbs to lose need advice!

ok so I need to know if this is true or not! Some one told me since i have over 20lbs to lose i shouldn't do abdomen exercise''s like crunches cuz ill get more bulky due to the fact my bmi is high is this true any advice?

Replies

• Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    LOL, false. You will not get "bulky" doing crunches.
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    lol just making sure
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    If you're aiming to get a flat tummy, you need to lose the fat that's hiding your muscles. All the crunches in the world aren't gonna help with fat loss, but diet will.

Doing crunches while you've still got a high body fat % is not going to over develop your abs and/or make your tummy larger.
  • StArBeLLa87
    Ty girlie good looking out!
  • Viva81Diva
    Viva81Diva Posts: 148
    If you want beautiful abs, do crunches! Work that core!! As women, it is a lot harder for us to bulk up. If you don't want washboard abs, make sure you keep your body fat % near 20 or a little more. Like the previous poster said, you have to burn fat around your stomach in order to see the abs anyway. Nutrition and cardio (combined with resistance training) helps with that. :)
  • StArBeLLa87
    ty thats what ive been doing so i was just making sure!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Just be sure to suck your abs in tight when doing crunches. Better yet, switch to more effective core exercises such as planks, mountain climbers, etc.
  • StArBeLLa87
    whats mountain climbers
  • Stand with feet hip width apart, Bend down with hands flat on floor, kick feet out behind you(Plank position), kick feet back to a crouching position and as you stand up raise your arms and jump. Repeat.

Ugh, Sorry those are burpies.

Moutain climbers : Start in plank alternating legs bring knee to chest. Imagine an ugly stationary bear crawl.
  • StArBeLLa87
    Lol ok ty