my story

Options
emd2570
emd2570 Posts: 126 Member
Ok so I still feel weird when I get a compliment..ex..oh wow you look great..etc, I am trying to teach myself to just smile and say Thank you..not get all embarrassed. I dislike when people ask me how I lost weight and when I reply..diet and exercise , they say ..OH I dont want to hear that ,tell me the truth, I have also had people assume I had a gastric bypass, now I am not knocking ANYONE who had this surgery done, but people should not assume that , and honestly its none of their business.
My heaviest weight was 240, I weighed that sometime last year, lost some weight on my own, started MFP at 214lbs. I am now at 172. goal is 150.
Someone asked me last week if I was proud of myself , and I actually got a little teary eyed and I said ..yes ..I actually am very proud of myself .
I think this was the easy part..the hard part is going to be maintaining a healthy weight & continuing to exercise, but this is my new lifestyle, I feel healthier now at age 39 then I did in my 20's. =)

Replies

• LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    Thats lovely :) well done on your weight loss - good job!
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Good for you! :)
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Know what you mean about accepting compliments but you deserve them-you've done an awesome job. Thanks for sharing your story with us. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!