Weight loss has stopped

Options
2»

Replies

• Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Give your body a chance... remember weight loss takes longer than weight gain. Adjusting your diet , exercising , etc. are the tools necessary to start and maintain the process! Stay cool, the weight will start dropping off before you know it.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    you could be gaining muscle! :D

Um false. Good luck gaining muscle as a female in a deficit.

If you recently started working out, your muscles may be retaining additional water which would contribute to the temporary stall. My weight fluctuates daily. General trend for the MONTH, loss, but its +/- up to 5lbs on a daily basis.

Honestly, consistency is key, stick with a workout approach and caloric deficit for 6-8 weeks when just starting out to see the effects. 4 weeks... well really only 1 week of diet AND workout isn't going to show you what can happen in the long term.
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    1250! How big of a person are you?
    You are most likely not losing weight because you are not eating enough.
    What sort of exercise are you doing?
    Are you hungry?
    Where did you come up with the number 1250?
    Message me if you want.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    you could be gaining muscle! :D

No she is not.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    NO i don't eat back the calories I stay at my 1250, I do 45 min on the elliptical 4 days a week ( I just started Mon 4/22 )

This is part of the problem. You should be NETTING 1250 (probably more), therefore you should be eating back your exercise calories.
  • hollybtierney
    Options
    if I do that I go way over on my allowed 25mg of sugar, and just in furits and veggies, I go over the sugars with 1250 no lmatter what I do I can not get it all in the green.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    if I do that I go way over on my allowed 25mg of sugar, and just in furits and veggies, I go over the sugars with 1250 no lmatter what I do I can not get it all in the green.

I stopped tracking sugar when I saw that I went over my sugar allowance by eating two pieces of fruit. It's ok to focus more on your calorie allowance for now.
    I agree that you need to eat more. Eat most or all of your exercise calories. That way you are still at the deficit that mfp suggested for you. By eating the suggested amount plus burning calories you create too large of a deficit and your body doesn't have enough fuel to function properly.
    I haven't lost any weight in over two weeks. It bothers me but I know it's just the way it goes sometimes. I have to stop focusing on it and just keep doing what I'm doing - which is staying at a reasonable deficit. Don't get me wrong. I know how you feel. You eat less and work out and you expect to see the pounds dropping and then when it doesn't happen it's so disappointing. Be patient and don't give up.
  • JudieJudes
    JudieJudes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I stay with-in my allowed calorie intake (1250) and I did not lose any weight during my 3rd week on this program. I started exercising this week ( my 4th week ). I'm getting very frustrated but keep on going. Any suggestion on how I can speed up this weight losw ?

I know how frustrating it can be. I have only lost 1lb in the past several weeks. I feel disappointed to some extent. However during the past month I have had 2 weeks holiday (didn't gain) where I was very active and I think I developed some muscle tissue.

I keep a deficit going and walk for an hour most days ... I am not allowing myself to feel defeated and I will just keep at it.

Above all else I do feel healthier and not as lethargic as before I lost the 12lbs I have lost.

Just keep going :) xx