Just binged :/ disappointed

Options
Went over by about 3000 feel really nauseous. First time in two weeks hate to sound like a ***** just have no one to talk to today. Anyone ever get passed this? Does it stop? I really can't handle the extra stress right now really bad timing

Replies

• Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Everyone has been there, honestly. Do not beat yourself up, start fresh tomorrow and log everything, even your 3000 over, LOG IT, OWN IT, Move on. I have had bad days and I find it strangly empowering when I am in control of it. One day is like one battle it will not cost you the war. Keep fighting.
  • RosieMorrison2606
    Options
    How low are your calories? If you are feeling the need to binge, it may be a sign that you have your cals too low and your body is responding by making you binge to replenish the stores it has been missing.

I have experience many binges in the past, and I have always found (even though I am certainly an emotional eater as well) that if it comes out of no where, then it is coz your cals are too low.
    I think of it like this, when we go on diets, it's like trying to get from Paris to the borders of China. Now, what you should do is buy an economy ticket and slowly but surely make your way to your goal on the reliable train, but most of us get in the ferrari, we career down the roads and get really far really fast, and then realise we left our purse at home and the gas has run out in Germany. And we have to walk all the way back to paris to get our purse (binging)
    In other words, better to get where you wanna be eventually, than to get a portion of the way there fast :)
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    We've all been there. Don't beat yourself up about it. Just start over tomorrow. And remember to take it one day at a time.
  • MissPatty584
    MissPatty584 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I did this today also :( 2nd time this week for me, which is not normal. Moving on, tomorrow is another day! Hope you feel better :flowerforyou:
  • Opsys
    Opsys Posts: 3
    Options
    Calories are at 2100. I wasn't even hungry and I knew I would feel like **** but it was like blackout fata** mode. When I was younger I never felt guilt from eating. Why is food such a big issue now. This body image ****. I miss the days when I didn't care. I was happier when I was fat it's crazy
  • meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Here is the question....how days did you eat LESS calories than you used to? Here's another question...why do you think it happened? Is it the stress? If it is, find another way to cope. Eating your feelings is no different than drugs and alcohol. With that being said I've done it several times this year. I can also tell you the times I did binge....my worst days, usually were not as bad as my average day before I started this. Anyway, everyone here is right. Start tomorrow fresh but I would consider what set it off.
  • xxcooneyxx
    xxcooneyxx Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    The main thing is to get right back on the horse. Don't pull what I used to and say "well ruined my week! I'll start again Monday!" No, start again right now. Heck, if I lost control and binged at lunch, that means I'm back on my diet for dinner. Get right back up. If you make this a habit it will benefit you in the long run. You do not lose the race when you fall, you lose when you do not get back up.
  • Jayne19099
    Jayne19099 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Definitely, one battle is not the war! Try not to beat yourself up too badly, just try to learn from this binge. It's been longer than usual for you since your last binge! Thats a great achievement! so maybe now you just have a new record to beat? Try to find the positive and remember that you can only change the future. I've been eating over my calories a lot lately too, just a bit here and there, but it's definitely stopped the scale moving. I need to get back on track too. Hope this helps and you can do it!!!!!
  • xxcooneyxx
    xxcooneyxx Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Calories are at 2100. I wasn't even hungry and I knew I would feel like **** but it was like blackout fata** mode. When I was younger I never felt guilt from eating. Why is food such a big issue now. This body image ****. I miss the days when I didn't care. I was happier when I was fat it's crazy

If you were happy fat, then why did you decide to start losing weight? I think most of us (maybe not you, I don't know you) might idolize the times when we ate whatever we wanted, but we forget about the times we looked in the mirror and cried, or saw pictures of ourselves at a party and felt sick, or ate a bunch of terrible food and had no energy.

And in the long run, many people who claim to be "fat and happy" are not happy after their 3rd heart attack.
  • seanezekiel
    seanezekiel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Take responsibility and move forward. Delete this account and log it on your real one,
  • Jayne19099
    Jayne19099 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I hope no one is offended, but it feels really nice not to be alone in struggling to keep my calories down everyday.
  • RiesigJay
    RiesigJay Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've done the same in the past. Best solution I've had is to follow a binge with a 24 hour fast.

However, DO NOT do this if you have a history or being anorexic or bulimic and I'd STRONGLY advise against fasting if you are a female.

For anyone who is going to say "fasting not good", you need to provide legitimate sources as to why. If you can't, your advice is not legit.

I can and I will provide legit sources if asked about benefits of fasting.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Do not beat yourself up, start fresh tomorrow and log everything, even your 3000 over, LOG IT, OWN IT, Move on.

This.

For me,logging is the daily ritual of being completely honest with myself-- even on my bad days.

It also helps me shif my focus from the WHAT ("s*hit!! I just ate HOW MUCH???") to the WHY ( what is going on in my life that made this feel like it was the right thing to do? Am I really that hungry. . . or am I I'm angry, lonely, tired, stressed, depressed, bored, belligerent, cocky, pissed, in denial. . . . )
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Lose the diet mentality and maybe you won't feel so restricted and feel the psychological need to binge.

A few people have said this. So you binged. So what. Guilt and shame will get you NO closer to your goal! What's done is done. Get back on the horse RIGHT NOW and start fresh!
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Been eating near 3000 calories every day this week :( feeling really down about myself, too. I've also had those major binges where I've eaten way more, but not this week (since I've been eating so much every day, anyway). Why is food so tempting???
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    You either move past it, or you let it drag you down further. You have a choice...make the right one. I also never have/had anyone to physically talk to when I was going through issues. It's an effort you have to make by yourself sometimes.
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Don't be disappointed, we alllll do it. I promise. I have days where I find myself not caring & binge a lot. Like eating an entire container of something. lol.

You brush yourself off & start over the next day. :) Step by step. We're all entitled to a little cheat day, but staying on track will help your body balance out the bad days.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    you need to find out what is a trigger for binges. it's not different than those who get triggered and turn to drinking or drugging. food can be an addiction, and sometimes it's hard to do on your own.
    if this has been a problem before, then maybe look into over eaters annonymous or eda, or other groups. i do phone groups with eda for restrictive eating, and they really help.
    but dont beat yourself up over it, just move on and focus on where you want to be, and how to get there. tomorrow is a new day and that is all that matters
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Start again immediately. Get yourself prepared mentally for at least one day of feeling hungry and deprived and pissed off when you go back. Don't eat those feelings, have a plan. Remember why you are doing this to begin with. Exercise, get out in the sunlight, do something that occupies your hands and mind. If you can handle it, try to incorporate a small amount of yummy deliciousness into every day instead of bottling it up and letting it explode.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • trn450
    trn450 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Some theorize that binge eating actually helps maintain a higher basal metabolic rate. This is quite significant when you consider that your body will decreased it's BMR as you slowly lower your calories because it's primary job is to conserve energy. Don't feel bad about it, just adjust your caloric intake and exercise over the coming days to compensate. You will be perfectly fine :)