getting started, again

thegirlwholived
thegirlwholived Posts: 27 Member
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
I'm Dalena, a 34yo mom of 2 girls (6 1/2 and 3 1/2). This is the beginning of yet another try to lose the 20lbs I have gained over the last 2 years. I've been working out for about 18mo, but I'm on several heart meds (long story, 4 open-heart surgeries in 5 yrs, incl. mechanical heart valve) and an antidepressant which I'm hoping to stop soon. It's been very difficult to stay motivated after I gained more weight. A trainer at my gym suggested this site and a weight loss group at the gym so I'm hoping something will change. Anyhoo, I better get going to said gym now.

Replies

• thegirlwholived
    thegirlwholived Posts: 27 Member
    I'm Dalena, a 34yo mom of 2 girls (6 1/2 and 3 1/2). This is the beginning of yet another try to lose the 20lbs I have gained over the last 2 years. I've been working out for about 18mo, but I'm on several heart meds (long story, 4 open-heart surgeries in 5 yrs, incl. mechanical heart valve) and an antidepressant which I'm hoping to stop soon. It's been very difficult to stay motivated after I gained more weight. A trainer at my gym suggested this site and a weight loss group at the gym so I'm hoping something will change. Anyhoo, I better get going to said gym now.
  • xmimikinsx
    xmimikinsx Posts: 191
    thegirlwholived

I think you should change your name to the girl who lives and will keep on living!

You're obviously been through alot and all you need is some support and determination to reach your goal. A luck lady on here has lost 30Ilbs since January! That's inspiring and I think we can all do it! We just have to make sure that we log on here before we feel like going to one of those dark places.

You'll be fine. You should join our "28 Ilbs or less club" (look in recent posts) and you'll find a lot of help there.

Good luck :smile:

Mikhaila
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.