interstitial cystitis

Options
keem88
keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
hey guys, i have been diagnosed with interstitial cystitis over a year, but have had it (was misdiagnosed as having frequent utis) the past 6 years.
i do really well at times keeping away from acidic and trigger foods for flare ups, but at times it is really hard, and i have tomato sauce, pizza, alcohol, chocolate, caffeine, foods with vinegar etc, all the bad stuff!
not sure if there is anyone out there with IC as well, but if you are i would love to see your diary and find out what works for you and maybe share recipes or alternate things to eat.
since i have known what it is over the last year and a half it is much better now, but recently i have just been like eh screw it, and have really paid for it with imense pain and other symptoms.
thanks!

Replies

• keem88
    Options
    bump? any ICers out there?
  • keem88
    Options
    i guess not lol
  • keem88
    Options
    anyone out there?
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Yep, i have IC. However, i have never found a correlation between my flare ups and diet. Mine seem to be more stress related or TOM related. So, unfortunately seeing my diet will not help you. I do know that on days that I am in pain I tend to eat poorly with comfort foods which then when the flare passes leads me angry with myself for usually going over in calories. But I try to give myself a break knowing that living with chronic pain is something I just have to learn to live with and rejoice in the good pain free days. :)
  • Blessedby2boys
    Blessedby2boys Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    IC here for over 10 years. My diary is available to friends, so add me if you want. We can talk diet and other IC topics. I no longer follow a strict IC diet, but I did for manh years so I have some ideas. =)
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I have IC
  • BeckaShine
    BeckaShine Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just found out I also have IC and now I have to find out what triggers it and start to heal. I want to use this site to help me make sure that I am doing everything I can to get better. I don't know if it's stress or food induced so I am starting my weekend with a very limited diet and moderate exercise. I really love that I can use the app to track my foods and keep a daily record of how I'm feeling. I am very interested in connecting with other who have IC and find and give support while I try to figure out what's up and hopefully start feeling better soon!
  • autumnwater
    autumnwater Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I was initially diagnosed with IC but I got a 2nd opinion from a urologist, who gave me Vesicare. Now I'm functioning normally again :)
  • Aliykat
    Aliykat Posts: 29
    Options
    I was recently diagnoses with IC, and am finding it challenging to diet etc. Add me as I would love to hear what works for you and what doesnt.
  • BeckaShine
    BeckaShine Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I was initially diagnosed with IC but I got a 2nd opinion from a urologist, who gave me Vesicare. Now I'm functioning normally again :)

Well I don't have a problem going too often just a lot of pain all the time from a very inflamed and sensitive bladder.