Food as a Luxury

Options
Hey guys. I do not know if you heard about the two programs that are being run to benefit world hunger.

From April 29 to May 3, in an effort to raise awareness for world hunger, there is a program called Live Below the Line in which, people who take part will try to survive for the five days on $1.75 of food per day. Can it be done; who knows? But I am definitely willing to try it because when thought about, if we go to work and purchse breakfast and then lunch and then dinner, our foods for the day can often cost about $25. Seems like a lot of money to spend on food per day. But then people who do not have the opportunity to eat food even on a daily basis, can survive on $1.75 (like some of the people from where my parent's came from, in Haiti). It might seem a little strange when looking at my diary next week, so this will be the reason. I already did my $8.75 worth of shopping and am ready for the challenge.

Two weeks following that, there will be another program from Monday through Friday again, May 13 to 17 called Skip Lunch Fight Hunger and Feed the Kids where participants will forfeit eating lunch and instead give what we would normally spend on lunch to a worthy charity that would use the money to feed hungry children. Again, seeing how people suffered from hunger after the earthquake in Haiti back in 2011, I have decided to join this effort also. It is only lunch at that. Why not?

Who is up for the challenge? I know it might seem like a lot but if you are willing to take a chance to help fight world hunger, visit livebelowtheline.com and also http://www.howstuffworks.com/skip-lunch-fight-hunger.htm to find ut more information about these two programs. I think they are so worth taking part in.