feedback on Jillian Michaels workouts

Options
Any feed back on 30 day shred or body revolution?

Opinions? what did you think? recommend it?

Replies

• Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    I Ordered Body Revolution and ended up returning it back.

IMO: it's a good for beginners. I felt like the whole 30 mins was a warm up and I burned as much calories as I would doing just 15 to 20 mins into Insanity or Asylum.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing to shred. Only 3 days a week though. So far I am enjoying it with my other training sessions. I also get out and walk/run and have started aikido. I try and fit in a lifting heavy session. I would find it hard on my shoulders and neck doing it everyday. People often complain about achy knees.this is why I am not doing it the straight 30. I don't get a huge burn, even though it pushes me. I am not over weight though. I love her kickbox quickfix. I found it a lot of fun and really helped get power in my legs. My running picked up when I started doing this. A lot of jumping and driving with your legs into kicks. Have a look on you tube to see what you like :)
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Each of her workouts have different goals. On her podcast, she has said that Body revolution is for people that have a pretty big amount of weight to lose, and if you're closer to your goal, do Ripped in 30 instead. That one still progresses with 4 different levels of workouts, but is certainly more efficient. She also says to only do it 5 days a week-- give your body a rest! She's also said not to bother with 30 day Shred-- even she said her more recent dvd's are MUCH better. And, with that too, don't do 30 days straight-- your muscles need a rest to actually build and grow. I really like some of her longer dvd's -- Burn Fat Boost Metabolism is a really good cardio- based dvd, and No More Trouble Zones is certainly effective with the weights. I have Hard Body too--- but have yet to do it-- just watching it made me a little afraid! All 3 of those are 45-50 min long instead, so are good to pop in when you have a little extra time.

I have done 30 day shred a LONG time ago, and made it through the first time, but when I went to do it again, started having knee issues. Sometimes, her form is HORRIBLE. Just make sure you're taking good care of your joints. I'm currently doing Ripped in 30, 3 days a week. I also attend a bootcamp class 2 times a week, and am training for a 10k, so I'm making sure not to push myself too hard.

Personally, I like her stuff. Sometimes, I might swear and want to punch her, but as long as I make sure my form is good, it's certainly effective.
  • EstyPorter
    EstyPorter Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    The 30 Day Shred is a good workout. I started it 4 days ago and already feel stronger and better. Its actually pretty easy to me, but everytime ive done it theres been a puddle of sweat on the floor (which is good, I like to say that its my fat crying) !! I recomend the 30 day shred becuase it targets every part of your body in weight and strength training and also with cardo mixed in. Jilian does it in circuits. Goodluck!!
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 30 Day Shred. The cardio isn't terribly intense, but the strength part is pretty good. I am on day 9 straight of level 1 and it took me a few days to be able to go all the way through the strength parts with out any breaks (1-2 second breaks) with 5 pound weights for most (do the back exercise with 10 pound weights and could do bicep curls with 10 pound weights, but the lunges are hard so I stay with 5 pounds weights).
    I like that it's like 25 or so minutes, and I don't have to come up with a routine it's right there. After I do 30 day Shred I am gonna do RIpped in 30, then either alternate them a few times a week or go back to the gym and do more heavy lifting.