Thunder Thighs!

Options
Melanie1967
Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
Ok, need some advice. I did my measurements when I started here. I then did them again at the end of 2 months, and after loosing 30lbs. I had lost a overall total of 26.5 inches from my body. Every part of my body had lost something, including .75 from my neck, except them stubborn ole 25 inch THUNDER THIGHS! Each one! Now, take it for granted, I have an extremely large upper umbilical hernia and that the doctor has me on restrictions on exercising because of it. I am aloud to walk on the treadmill at 2.0 mph only, no time limit, and I am aloud to ride my bike. I do both, on a daily basis, weather permitting. If I can't ride the bike for the day, I walk more. Any ideals on any other way to work on my thighs, that wouldn't involve bending or twisting at the waist? All suggestions appreciated! Thanks, Mel

Replies

• jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    I have that problem also. Since you have restrictions I would just do what you can and I am sure you will start losing in your thighs.
  • lindsaylee
    lindsaylee Posts: 20
    Options
    i wonder if a thigh master would work? they are cheesy but require no mobility other than your thighs?
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    I think if you walk more ..it will start coming off. When I lose weight I lose it from my face and my butt first .. so I am sure it will all even out eventually ..
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Mari Windsor Butt and Thigh Pilates is done on the floor and it works wonders! I love it. 10 min on each leg. You wont believe how tight you get in just a few times a day.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Can you go swimming? Working those legs with water resistance should tone them up! Mine have gotten smaller with running, but I bet swimming would do the same.
  • kmicou
    kmicou Posts: 3
    Options
    Try doing chair squats. Place a chair right behind you and act as if you are going to sit down, then stand right back up again. You can do them slowly, just to the point of your bottom barely touching the chair. Try doing like 10 to 15 per day and see if you can work up to doing more reps periodically throughout the day.:happy:
  • tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    Options
    Can you do partial squats/lunges,toe and calf raises?Use weights once you get a little experience with it.You can do standing leg curls in gyms they have the machines,if you're not going to a gym you can have your husband wrap a belt around your foot lying face down on floor and apply resistance,use anything around the house for weights when you do your partial squats,lunges ,and toe/claf raises.

Good luck!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    If you can do the elliptical on a really low resistance setting, it's similar to walking and less impact on your feet and knees. I've been using the elliptical for 3 months now and I've lost over 2" on each thigh doing that and over an 1" on each calf. It's been great, altho I'm at a high resistance now with Level 8. Even if you can do Level 1 or 2, it's definitely helpful for that area.
  • Mom2Emery_Liam
    Options
    My thighs are my major problem area too...measured them a few weeks ago and they were both like 26"! Yikes, that's as big as some people's waists! Just from doing some circuit training, general aerobic workouts and walking almost every day I've noticed they are looking smaller...I'm also feeling muscle that was never there before! Unfortunately it's still covered by fat and cellulite!

I'd definitely try some pilates and squats. The elliptical is great too and fairly low impact. I definitely feel it in my thighs afterwards. Depending on how much you have to lose, cardio will be the best for getting rid of the fat. I know until it's gone, my thighs will never looked toned and muscular.
  • 30togomoveit
    30togomoveit Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My thighs are about the same size and even when I lost 55 lbs, they didn't seem to budge! I hate my thighs!! I figure now, they are genetic and I've just dealt w/ it! :explode: :mad:
  • 30togomoveit
    30togomoveit Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    OMG...I love Mari Winsor Bun & Thigh DVD! I even started doing it again just this past week!
  • yonananaaa
    yonananaaa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow, I am 5'1 with 24 inch thighs. haha i like them big and muscular !!