Easy curry chicken

Options
jazzcat55
jazzcat55 Posts: 164 Member
I first made this from a booklet of crock pot recipes. I was craving it today and decided to try it on the stovetop instead. It is just so tasty, and easy too. It is on the spicy side, so adjust seasonings as desired. I served this over cauliflower "rice" which only adds 30 calories per cup.

Makes 4 servings, 200 calories each, 8 g fat (5 g sat fat), 23 g protein, 4 g carb

1 lb boneless chicken breast
1 14-oz can light coconut milk
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp cold water

Cut chicken into bite-size chunks. Season with salt. In a nonstick pan coated with cooking spray, brown chicken pieces.

Meanwhile, pour coconut milk into a bowl. Add curry powder, turmeric, and cayenne and whisk until well blended. Pour over chicken in pan. Simmer on low until chicken is tender, about 20-30 minutes.

Combine cornstarch and water and whisk until smooth; stir into pan. Simmer a few minutes until thickened.

Serve over jasmine rice or cauliflower "rice." Garnish with lime juice, green onions, cilantro, and/or chopped peanuts.

YUM!!

Replies

• jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    This could be dinner tomorrow- Can I make cauliflower rice by boiling and putting it through the ricer?
  • janmoulder2
    janmoulder2 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    YUM! That sounds really good. I will have to try it. Thanks for posting!
  • purple_power61
    purple_power61 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorite meals! Thank you
  • carolemorden9
    carolemorden9 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    That sounds yummy. I buy Vermont Curry mix at a Japanese store. This is how I make it.

Ingredients:
    1lb chicken or meat of your choice cubed
    3-4 potatoes cubed
    carrot chips
    8 oz white mushrooms sliced
    1 small yellow onion diced

Directions:
    Brown the chicken with a little veg. oil along with the onions in a big pot.
    Pour in 8 cups water in the pot along with the potatoes and carrots.
    Boil for about 15 minutes
    Add the mushrooms and boil for another 10 minutes.
    Break up the curry mix cubes and drop in one at time, stirring to desolve

Serve with rice.

Not sure on nutritional content as I have not made it since before I started on MFP
  • jazzcat55
    jazzcat55 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This could be dinner tomorrow- Can I make cauliflower rice by boiling and putting it through the ricer?

I have heard of making it that way, but if you have a food processor, it's a lot easier. I love cauliflower rice.
  • carolemorden9
    carolemorden9 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    That sounds yummy. I buy Vermont Curry mix at a Japanese store. This is how I make it.

Ingredients:
    1lb chicken or meat of your choice cubed
    3-4 potatoes cubed
    carrot chips
    8 oz white mushrooms sliced
    1 small yellow onion diced

Directions:
    Brown the chicken with a little veg. oil along with the onions in a big pot.
    Pour in 8 cups water in the pot along with the potatoes and carrots.
    Boil for about 15 minutes
    Add the mushrooms and boil for another 10 minutes.
    Break up the curry mix cubes and drop in one at time, stirring to desolve

Serve with rice.

Not sure on nutritional content as I have not made it since before I started on MFP

Just added this to my recipes. Includes rice. Serving size: 1 cup curry and 1 cup rice. Per Serving: 440 calories, 71g carbs, 9g fat, 18g protein, 799mg sodium, 623mg pottasium
  • Bejede
    Bejede Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    That sounds great!