Under 250 Calories & Positively Delish!

Options
Skinless Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry
Around 239 calories and 15 grams of protein a serving, you just can't lose!

veradieting_zps1b033573.jpg

8 ounces uncookedwhole wheat angel hair pasta
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 cup fresh snow peas
3/4 cup shredded carrots
1 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted

Directions
Cook pasta, meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, snow peas, and carrots in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook a while longer. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sugar and cayenne. Drain pasta and add soy sauce mixture to skillet and toss to coat. Heat through. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. (The toasted sesame seeds MAKE it)

For the chicken:
Line foiled cookie sheet with sesame oil, season chicken with cayenne, garlic salt and pepper. Bake at 350 degrees until cooked through then top with a few of the toasted sesame seeds

Recipe inspired by: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Asian-Spaghetti

Replies

• usflygirl55
    usflygirl55 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I would love to try this sometime. Thanks for the idea!
  • xxcooneyxx
    xxcooneyxx Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    This looks FANTASTIC! Thank you! I Think I found something to cook for my boyfriend when he gets back in a few weeks.
  • FearlessCourt
    Options
    Looks delish.. When I am able to eat more like this I will try it!!
  • SheriKCourtney
    Options
    Yum!
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jojojo909090
    jojojo909090 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Are you sure about your cal counts?

2 tbsp of oil = 224 cals alone, and you haven't given any quantity for the chicken.
    Plus the 2 tbsp of sesame seeds = 103 cals...
  • Kalah7Renae12Vera
    Kalah7Renae12Vera Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Positive about the count on my serving. I made a batch of the stir-fry that yields about 10-12 "me size" servings. 1,300 calories if you ate it all yourself, but divided by 10-12... about 127 calories a serving.

As for the chicken, I used the database to tell me how many calories for a chicken leg without the skin.
  • jojojo909090
    jojojo909090 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    So that recipe is for 10-12 servings? Plus chicken?

Might be worth seeing if you can edit your recipe to indicate that as it looks like its one serving (albeit a large one)
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Yea I knew this was the recipe for more than one person LOL!
  • bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    This looks yummy!
  • Kalah7Renae12Vera
    Kalah7Renae12Vera Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    The stir-fry itself serves 10-12... the chicken I logged separate since I didn't want it in the stir-fry (I just cut a leg off for myself and that is what has been included in the logging) It wouldn't be difficult to tweak for any of your families, but because of my husband's lunch situation I keep meats separate from other foods... Point being, you guys have the guidelines, if you log the recipe yourself once you have altered it to suit your own family I think you will be surprised it is a nice low calorie supper that doesn't compromise on taste.